Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Green Blood In Italy

Does anyone else have a problem with the hypocrisy of this. Apparently it is OK to chainsaw hellspawn to bits in a demonic setting, just so long as their blood isn't red?

Come to think of it, I can't remember if I have seen any screenies with former humans. Are they just a bit too human for the GameBoy?

Having said all that, the demons lying on the ground with all that green goo spilling out of them does look pretty cool.

This does look like it will be a nice port. (No light variation?)

I think the green blood looks like crap! Couldn't you just say that the red blood would be marmelade or something and then avoid censorship (i'm assuming that's why it's green) ?

There is light variation, but there is also a full-bright option because of the GBA's crappy display. Most of the game shots are taken with fullbright on, though I have seen some with them off. It doesn't, however, have color banding. Sectors are one solid light level no matter where you stand in them - the way they should be.

Also, looks like they're using the 32X versions of the maps (that's E2M4 and E2M5 in the screenshots).

Today, I went to Software Ect. to retreive my copy of GBA Doom which they said would be released September 30. Now they're telling me the end of October. Whats the hell is this?! False advertising?! The green blood is just fucking childish. And what the hell do you mean "crappy" display? this is fucking revolutionary dude. When I got my first game boy, ,we were playing super Mario World awing at the graphics and gamplay. That was a fucking sidescrolling piece of shit with around three colors. Don't give me that shit about fucking crappy display. I have earthworm jim for my GBA and the colors are amazing. The gameplay, however, SUCKS!
So if you think that the GBA has a crappy display, ,think again. go out and actually try one before you say that it sucks.

It should be RED blood! Red blood spewing out with guts and organs. Just slap an parential advisory on it and call it a day...

No, but having to sit next to the fucking sun to see the thing gets annoying. It's nice to see all the pretty colors, whenever you can see the damn thing. The third-party backlights mostly suck and I'm sure not sitting out in my front yard during the afternoon just to get a good view of the screen, hence, FUCKING-CRAPPY-DISPLAY.

Lüt is right! I you don't wanna sit in the sun, you have to spend even more money on some ugly little crappy thing that gives you light......BUT RUNS ON GOD DAMN BATTERIES!!!

Yeah, and then they only seem to shine light in one place, so one part of the screen is bright and the rest gets darker toward the edges or however you have the light positioned.

I dunno what the hell they were thinking, obviously there's some kind of deal they have going with those light manufacturers.

Oh, and I don't seem to have any problems so far with lighting and all. My friend doesn't either, and he has 2 GBA specific games and plays it practically everywhere he goes.

There are plans for a backlit GBA but don't hold your breath!
Besides, you surely new about the limitations of the console before you bought it so why moan?
If you don't like the console or the games that are being made for it or whatever then don't buy them.

Alternatively get your C/ARM up to speed and fork out 7k on a dev kit and we'll see what you can do.

What the hell ever happened to freedom of opinion?

--
If you don't like the console or the games that are being made for it or whatever then don't buy them.
--

And he has the right to say whatever the hell he wants about it too. It's called OPINION.

Stopping being a bunch of show off "look at me knock down my fellow doomer for having a different opinion" idiots and just move on. If you don't like his opinion, then tough, different people are different and they express different opinions.

So shove a cork in your ass.

Get out of my way.

and STOP WITH THE WHINING.

GBA does have horrible lighting. Anyone who's played Castlevania: COTM will vouch for me.

A couple of bucks for a snakelight is a small price to pay to be able to see the screen, but why should we be required to buy it?

That said, I'll probably buy a GBA and a snake light, but I'll be grumbling to myself about the uglier side of capitalism for a bit.

(My communist phase is starting to creep up again)

Nintendo is all about money. they could give a crap less about their buyers. What the fuck do you think pokemon was made for, entertainment?

Nintendo sure are about money, but to the difference of most other game companies, they know how to make great games. In the coming generation console gaming war, I will prefer Nintendo before Sony or Microsoft, because the later two have gained market space through nothing but heavy advertisement.

Sony never made a good game for their Playstation - except Gran Turismo, but they only distributed it. They paid companies such as Squaresoft to make games for their station. (That affair is not to official, but Square's argument for leaving Nintendo, that their games would not fit on cartridges, is nonsense. The only logical decision would be to move to Sega's Saturn as Sega was already a well established brand whereas Sony was not.)

I'm not saying with this that Nintendo aren't greedy as fuck, or that you should only buy a console if the company that made it makes awesome games for it theirself. But Nintendo aren't the only greedy people in the gaming industry, the industry as a whole is greedy and capitalistic.

As far as Pokemon goes, I agree that it's the lamest concept/game ever. And I dislike the way Nintendo marketed it. But I'm nevertheless looking forward to Nintendo GameCube, with games such as new Resident Evil chapters coming for it.

And by the way, please don't attack me for my opinions about Nintendo being better. I know there are people who much rather stick to Sony or any other game company, and I respect these people for that. Console patriotism is quite common, and it's very simple to get a biased opinion.

What you should really blame is the game industry as a whole, not one single company. All companies want profit.

But in my opinion, what really matters is that great games are being made. Although opensource freeware is better =P

Pokemon (the game) was great fun. The marketing hoopla and the trading card games, etc., sucked, but that still doesn't detract from the fact that the Pokemon (gameboy) games were great.