Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ZDoom Site Update

Randy Heit has updated the ZDoom pages, which are now hosted at Doomworld, with information on the next ZDoom beta. Due to a special request, he is now coding video playback support into ZDoom, and also completing the implementation of a few ACS commands, necessitating the release of a v1.23 beta 29.

Seemed as good time as any to announce that he has moved here. The site isn't totally ready of course, but there's a download link to the special build of v1.23 b28 that uses FMOD 3.33 and which apparently eliminates the majority of the stability issues found in the original b28.

While I have nothing against notgod.com, the zdoom.notgod.com page would take forever to load. DW is sure to provide much faster access.

Wait a minute. v1.23 was supposed to go final after Beta 28. Wtf happened here?

/Meanwhile the folks over at TeamTNT are drumming their fingers as Daedalus strains to get out of its cage.

[08:52] <@arioch> randy's putting video playback support into zdoom

[08:55] <+Maonth> AH, HEH

[08:55] <+Maonth> oops

[08:55] <+Maonth> canps

[08:56] <+Maonth> caps

[08:56] <+Maonth> I think that's me, then

[08:56] <+Maonth> I sent a request for video playback

[08:59] <@arioch> heh

[08:59] <@arioch> damn you

[08:59] <@arioch> to hell

[08:59] <@arioch> for delaying zdoom 1.23

[09:03] <+Maonth> muhahaha

[09:04] * Maonth requests gl support

[09:05] <@arioch> rofl

I'm requesting client/server support.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Hirogen2 noted in the phorum that zdoom.notgod.com had its full speed restored.

Not as of last night ... I was downloading 1.28 sources at about 250 bytes per second, similar results from other people I was talking to at the time.

Who the hell are you anyway?

.... gives him a noogie for causing the delay of v1.23. Hair all mussed up, Maonth runs to Randy and begs to rescind his request. Meanwhile, ReX swaggers off, blowing the smoke from his fingers ;)

Of course, beta 17 was supposed to be final, or at least penultimate as well (IIRC).

Also, I remember Randy being asked around this time last year if zdoom 1.23 would be ready by Christmas. Randy replied "I hope so." I also remember thinking that he cunningly omitted which Christmas he had in mind.

Since then, of course, a whole shed load of cool features have been added. Worth delaying for IMO.

Still, 1.23 final would also be nice too. (Apart from anything else, it'll allow Daedalus to be released - of course, I don't know how far along that is). Sounds like Randy has a lot of cool things planned for future versions (post 1.23).

&gt; I wonder if that's Carnevil, he always wanted to put cutscenes into Skull Tag...

Dammit Arioch, you weren't supposed to tell everyone I was secretly Randy Heit! DAMMITALL!!! :)

Anyway, that's great news. I've been too busy to hunt down how to use directx to play video files, so it's cool that Randy is.

Oh, and dammit Randy, release 1.23 FINAL so I can start porting it already :)

Guest UAC PR Dept.

UAC PR Dept. = Faint (in the ZDoom phorums)

lol, it was something I made up in the wake of all the initial Deimos Labs hype. "UAC Public Relations Department" wouldn't fit in the name field, so I had to abbreviate.

Hello everyone. It's me.

Guest deathwarrior

how the hell can anyone get 123beta28-333.zip from 3ddownloads.com?

From the site

"There has been some speculation about whose "special request" got me to add movie support to ZDoom now. All I will say is that more than one person has asked for it. Also, I will state this right now: I am using DirectShow to do the job of playing videos. This means two things:

1. If you can play it with Windows Media Player, you will be able to play it with ZDoom.
2. Only the Windows version of ZDoom will be able to play videos."