Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doom Center's Wadster

Chroz. rules. He ruled then, he rules now, he will always rule. :)
Of course, he'd rule a bit more if he'd finish(and debug) HR2, dammit...

I love chroz. Chroz loves me. Me and Chroz are tight. He said it was gonna finish doomkart by himself for me

"but he's also working on a lot of other projects, including P.A.I.N., RTC-3057, Raynor's Tale and Eternity. Everybody wants to work with him it seems."

Uhm, I'm also working on all those projects except PAIN. Just about everyone in this community is neck-deep in projects.

it seems like _everyone_ is working on rtc-3057, raynor's tale, and pain, heh. everyone i've interviewed recently, anyway. :)

Guest CocoT

"Fuck Quake. Let's do Art" ?
If that's how most doomers think of Quake1, then I'm really disappointed. Coming from someone "known" in the community, I don't think it's a particularly smart thing to say. I mean, I've been involved with Quake1 modding and always had a lot of respect with people working on older games (see my page and the current "mod of the week" and "site of the moment", for instance), but I guess I was wrong when I thought the reverse might be true, too.

CocoT
http://cocot.topcities.com

I'm also working on RTC-3057 and Raynor's Tale ;)

Not PAIN though, unless you count the fact that Fredrik is using modified versions of a couple of sky textures I made :)

BTW, the "fuck Quake" thing has been there since something like a month after Quake 1 was released...

"If that's how most doomers think of Quake1"

Yes. Yes we do.
It was a game to demonstrate what was then new technology. It had new features.
Unfortunately its gameplay was lacking. Now that the "hey look, polygons" era has passed, it sort of lost its replay value.

We don't "disrespect" anyone who works on Quake, or at least I know I don't. I reserve the right to not like the game, of course, but that doesn't mean its not editable. Hey I still poke around with Dungeon Keeper and it doesn't even have an online community anymore (http://dk.despayre.org:81 -- everyone go there, now :P)

is still the most hard core death match of them all. If Doom had a decant rocket launcher then it would take back the title.

I agree with Quasar...I don't like Quake but I have respect for their community. If they choose that game..fine..

Law: what's wrong with the doom rocket launcher ?

IMO, just as viable as quake's...but in DOOM there is more to choose from..

Guest j00 equals ded

i find quakers more open than others.

at least they know there is that certain atmosphere that most cannot realize... and if you cannot see it then you as a doomer are blind.

Guest CocoT

What I find interesting is that, being a regular visitor of the (few) Quake1 sites and IRC rooms left, I can say for sure that 99% of Quakers loved (and often still love) Doom2 but that somehow, I observe the reverse is not true.
Maybe some of you guys here mean Quake3 when you say Quake. Maybe not. In all cases, I can tell you that many Quake1 modders suffer the same kind of problems as most of you probably experience : many "younger" players consider Quake1 as completely out-of-date (despite the existence of powerful alternative engine, like it's the case for Doom) and Quake1 modders and mappers as not "in". Despite of that, I don't really think anyone I know in the Quake1 scene would post "Fuck Quake3" or "Fuck Half-Life" on the entrance page of their site. Of course, there are (quite a few) people who don't like these games (in the same way as some of you don't like Quake1 and I respect that), but most of them remain pretty open-minded. Most of us realize the current limitations of the Quake1 engine, even though there are very talented engine-coders out there always trying to push the limits.

No. they mean Quake1.

We dont (most of us anyway) have anything terribly against quake.. It just that I think it's rather boring actually (I dunno about the others) the gameplay isn't very thrilling. But Quake1 have the best gameplay of all ID's games that came after Doom. Then Quake2, then last.. Quake3.. wich I can't enjoy at all.

Quake2 got alot better feeling in the weapons than Quake1 though.. (IMO)

Ohwell. Nevermind..

This is the reason I love doom..

When I have the SG, and I shoot the face off an IMP. I can feel in every bone in my body, that I actually HIT that IMP.. It's quite a sensation.

* Ebola goes to spank.

IMO its a little slow, but good old doom can always be dehacked. The ease of modification is somthing Doom has over others.

Guest salazar

chroz works I am stupid....i provide his 'wad' 'tools'. buahaha

Guest salazar

rather intersting substr there...