Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EllipsusD

Quakecon 2002

I'm sure another thread with this information has been posted, but I haven't seen it so here we go. Sign-ups for Quakecon 2002 have begun (night before last, I believe), and I was just wondering who of you had planned to attend. I figure that I'll try to go this year, seeing as I actually have money for a change, just to see what lovely information on Doom 3 I might be able to see first hand. It's gonna take place from August 15-18 at the Mesquite Convention Center. The site for registration and information can be found here. So, yeah... anyone planning to be there?

-D

Actually no, I live in Holland, so that'll cost me an expensive ticket :)
Has anyone from ID ever said they'd release some new pics/info at this year's Quakecon anyway??

I live in holland to, so its a big no for me :(, "the poor bastard that I am"

I'm not sure I would even like being there. I mean, yeah it'd be cool to see The Carmack for real and all, and to maybe scoop out some exclusive Doom III goodies. But then, I don't really like the idea of running into a thousand people who call themselves "hard-core" just because they were crazy enough to blow $500 on a video card that can spit 200fps instead of 140fps in Quake 3 Arena. ROOOAARR (or whatever you're called), no offense but I don't like the Quake 'community' much.

Lord FlatHead said:

no offense but I don't like the Quake 'community' much.

i think they had RTCW games there last year. what if they had doom iii DM games next year, would u go then?

Lord FlatHead said:

no offense but I don't like the Quake 'community' much.

You are putting everyone into boxes, even on the internet. How low is that.

AIRmichael said:

You are putting everyone into boxes, even on the internet. How low is that.

Saying that he doesn't like the Quake community doesn't mean that he dislikes every single member in the community - it basically means (the way I interpret and understand it) that he doesn't think it functions too well, judging by the behaviour of the majority of people in that community.

dsm said:

Saying that he doesn't like the Quake community doesn't mean that he dislikes every single member in the community - it basically means (the way I interpret and understand it) that he doesn't think it functions too well, judging by the behaviour of the majority of people in that community.

Yep. And we're probably going to be flooded with that kind of 'members' :|

[sarcasm]Yay[/sarcasm], lots of "the-widow-makers" to squish with my heel.

dsm said:

[sarcasm]Yay[/sarcasm], lots of "the-widow-makers" to squish with my heel.

give 'em hell!

dsm said:

The majority? Did any one test it and interviewed all people or something? And what do you call "functional" anyways. And people thinking of "higher and better framerates" arent that bad either.

If you peep into a community and see crap written all caps in every third topic, then you'll get the impression that the forums aren't moderated too well, and that too many people don't consider things before typing their topic header.

I don't know what Flathead's problem with the Q community is, because I haven't really looked into it, but a community is typically judged by how many silly comments are being posted and how many of these are allowed to live - they may be a bunch of nice guys among the people there, but if the majority of posts look like shit, then it doesn't look too good for the community.

It is a kind of personality taste.In each site,what kind of topic,what kind of member,How moderator manage their forum it is different to other sites..People hops into those individual community by their personal favourite.

So far,I kinda like how well moderator here mod their forum.

bigbadgangsta said:

Better yet, give them a nice fat BANNED custom title...

Yea, except that I can't do such things (but I'm confident that Lüt, Zaldron and the Super Mods will bestow lots of titles upon them) - I can only remove shitty posts or threads.

dsm said:

If you peep into a community and see crap written all caps in every third topic, then you'll get the impression that the forums aren't moderated too well, and that too many people don't consider things before typing their topic header.

I don't know what Flathead's problem with the Q community is, because I haven't really looked into it, but a community is typically judged by how many silly comments are being posted and how many of these are allowed to live - they may be a bunch of nice guys among the people there, but if the majority of posts look like shit, then it doesn't look too good for the community.

Depends on which forums you are