Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Fatally Resurrected

Tommy "Fatal" Quick has released the long-awaited Resurrection project on his pages here at Doomworld. The aim and scope of Resurrection has been trimmed down significantly since real life has intruded multiple times on those working on the project, whose original pages can be found here. The download clocks in at 1.75MB and requires ZDoom to play, and you can also view a selection of screenshots of the finished product.

YAH: FINALLY:

I was making weapons for this project. but after it got removed from Mikes (MTawney) hardrive they didn't want to use them anymore..

Nice scripted sequences, I like how they work in with the gameplay... and the air strike ROCKS! :)

Guest Nash

Is it just me or does ZDoom (beta28a) crash when you try to open the console for this wad.

Crashes for me too. It also crashed when I tried to go out of the automap in map04 (I think) once.

Steve T has identified the source of the crash problem on the Zdoom forum - It is the replacement font used in the status bar. He has also posted a little fix wad that replaces the characters with the old doom status numbers and fixes the problem.

I have done a bit of digging too, and found the problem only seems to occur if you use the second largest HUD mode. ie, the one larger than the status bar where the numbers are just shown in the corner of the screen. All other status bar modes seem to be fine, but if you use the problem one at any time during the game, using the console will cause a crash even if that is not your current screen set up.

So to fix it you could remove the suspect lumps yourself, use the fix file or never use the problem screen setting when playing this mod.

I thoroughly enjoyed the levels BTW - A real nice mix of old style doom action and newer tricks and features. Very good use of ambient sounds, often quite subtle, and logical use of scripting. I loved the "brain drain" effect.

The thread on the problem can be found at:

http://www.notgod.com/phorum/read.php?f=11&i=1598&t=1598

and the thread with the fix file is at

http://www.notgod.com/phorum/read.php?f=12&i=1551&t=1551

Thanks for working on that fix, perhaps now more of the community can play without having to quicksave every two minutes in case of a crash :) I mite even remove the new status bar and font from the wad itself since it really isn't needed.

Keep playing people!

Enjay replying to a news item about a mod by Fatal. My two favourite mappers in one place. Here's hoping that you two combine your efforts on a mod. It would kick ass.

I only had one of Mikes levels, but unfortunately it used Mikes version of the Resurrection texture WAD which crashed both the version of ZDoom I was running and DCK. Therefore I decided to revert back to the original texture WAD.

Unfortunately most of Mikes work got erased when his hard disk was formatted, I believe he had a few levels in progress. DOH!

Resurrection rocks.. pity my weapons didn't get into it. I could have bragged about I being one of those behind Resurrection ;)

I'm in the sewage map now-. (there always have to be a sewage map, it's some sort of unwritten law I guess ;)

Yeah Sewer-Side is probably my favorite level, I really like the theme at the beginning, dark and dismall ;) I was going to continue that throughout but I ended up giving into the urge and doing another outside theme. I also like that level for the E1 style decor in the building (well the first bit anyway.)

I didn't actually get to see your weapons, it really is a shame Mikes hard disk was toast :(

Maybe we should start work on something different, and keep it all to ourselves hehe!

heh
I could give you pictures of them.. ;)

I seem to have lost all the finished sprites but one though.. of the grenade launcher anyway. :(

Heh, I beat ressurection thinking I had it on Ultra Violence. Turned out I had it on Hurt me plenty. I'm trying to get past it on Nightmare. I'm having quite a bit of trouble. :P

HOLY CRAP! Resurrection is amazing!!!

All you losers out there outta' learn from this stuff; this is professional quality, I mean Trust was one thing, and now this... The most fun I've had in any game in a while. When I like something, you'd better damn well like it! I mean at the very last part with the twin Spider Masterminds I was down to my Chainsaw! Intense!

I thought he was oing too far down that Quake 2 lane, including all the Quake 2 monsters and stuff. Dodgy.

He was including 3 q2 monsters.. he asked me to make new ones for him though.. but I never got around to doing it.

Pretty damn' excellent, I think! There seems to be lots of pre-amble and switches in there...

Oh yes, is the conveyor belt top on map02 meant to go faster than the sides...?

fatal thanks for such a awesome mod. I
really hope my tc will turn out this way. Your work has really inspired me to get my ass to work and learn some acs scripting. Again, Thank You.