Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Suspension Mordeth

Mordeth has updated the Mordeth TC Site with the latest progress report on the Mordeth TC project. The major portion of the update is consumed by a short description of a neat combination of effects Mordeth has discovered that involve, among other things, the simple 3D bridge effect and result in the appearance of a structure suspended above water. Head on over to the Mordeth page and check out the screenshots!

I was going to use that as an original trick!!!! Now it isn't so original!!! Oh well, the way I have it planned is slightly different anyway...

Guest crazy.joe

Looks bad ass, a definate download just for the looks.

Guest j00 equals ded

it will look ten times better on JDoom

I think theres a bridge like that in Fetaldm7, its a really neat trick but Im still trying to get my head round the instructions.

Guest Argh!

Wasn't that trick used way back in Fingers' addictiv.wad? Map06, the bridge over water in the upper area, to be exact.

Yeah, its in addictive. Wow, I loved that wad, it made me realise what a crap mapper I am. The sort of levels you can happily just walk around admiring the architecture.

Guest Andy Olivera

Damn, for a moment I thought I had an original effect on my hands. You just had to go and ruin it.:-) It wouldn't be too hard to make this a true 3D structure, either...

The 3D bridge-with-faked-floortexture is indeed in Addictiv (and a plethora of other levels). The basics of the house-on-stilts is the same... the removal of lower textures on a raised platform so you can look 'underneath' it. But, that's not all to it.

The same thing is done for the walls you see, except the other way around. Plus, all this is combined (which needs some adjustment to the way you construct the faked-bridge effect, as those sectors normally cannot touch because that will cause HOM). Plus, then you need to find a way to insert doors and windows into those walls, and a way to insert pillars underneath the house (and not just at the corners), raised floors inside the house to create eg. tables, etc etc.

So, it did require some creativity from me :)
I'll update the Editing Pages with a tutorial "soon". This trick is way to kick-ass to keep for myself.

I am just amazed you can figure out how to do it. I have had addictiv and fetaldm7 under the microscope for years and still dont know how they did it. Im just glad Legacy added 3D functions so I can stop trying to figure it out.

Mystic,

Check out the "faked 3D bridge" tutorial on Doomworld's editing pages. The basic principle is real simple... just create your average raised platform and remove the lower textures. That's all.

what are the new zombie sprites mordeth 2 needs? i'm asking because i'm making zombie sprites for a project of mine, who knows, they might fit in mordeth, at least a couple of them..

I do visit your pages, Im just useless at reading instructions. I tend to analyse the wads and make my own notes, then lose the notes and cant be arsed doing it all over again.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Notes actually help you memorize. Restating something in simplest terms (or, if you are a complex person, in complex terms--whatever works best for the subject) is the best mnemonic device...

Notes just help me create a mess around my computer making it impossible to find anything I actually need.

While you are updating the editing tutorials, change the links to cdrom.com links to the new archive.