Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #58

Yeah,Doom Town was a great piece of nostalgia,very nice and most enjoyable.But in many ways,and this is not a critisism, it's incredible to see how comparitively sparse and simplistic maps were back then...

Sorry about all those mystics, they are really just sketches for a megawad/TC idea I have, but that will be mainly single player. I got a bit carried away testing the textures. Im taking a break from them now and making some 'real' levels instead.

Its not as if anyone takes any notice of what wavelength writes here. Having wavelength trash your work is almost a compliment.

Imagine if Wavelength spoke in RL the way he writes here. He'd be in the hospital in minutes.

Bring on VirtualPain (tm)!

Maybe you were the guy I should have yelled at about trashing work instead of inferno. Shit. I feel pretty crappy about yelling at inferno_45 now (Humble apologies, man).

W@avelength, you seem to have missed the point about DOOM editing and the DOOM editing community: We do it because we like it. That means that you'll see some trash get uploaded every so often, but I'll be damned if you sit here and insult some of the decent work that's been posted lately (DoomTown and Mystic series). It's that kind of enthusiasm on the part of those authors that has kept DOOM alive for so long. Remember: New work never blemishes DOOM's name, it only increases its fame.

Christ, how do you go to work or class or whatever it is you do every day if you act like you do on this forum? People have a propensity for shunning assholes whenever they pop up, and I'm fairly certain that if you act this way in real life, you musn't be very comfortable socially, or worse, with yourself.

Smucking Fart, like all of Russells work this is wad building of the highest quality.

I found level one to be really hard at first but theres nothing wrong with that, I should spend less time admiring the clever details and more time looking out for monsters.

Mordeth's on the warpath. Hide your warez and your attitude! (Just kidding, dude.)

Guest Excalibur_Z

Cons: People that get banned don't necessarily learn from their mistakes (new accounts), but they get angrier, dumber, and more frustrated.

Cons: People that get banned don't necessarily learn from their mistakes (new accounts), but they get angrier, dumber, and more frustrated.
Perhaps you could set up a system where you track the IP addresses of those you delete, and block them from re-joining if they're using the same IP address. I would suggest code, but then again I haven't the faintest idea how to make PHP3 code.

Christ in heaven, that last paragraph makes me sound so much like a politician fascist.

Hey Russell, Doomtown is 3 bloody good maps! Great for demo-recording... especially map02... I'll see if I can make a really good (ie. under 08:00 mins) demo for it, with all the secrets. There's one evading my grasp ATM. More on that later....

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm not 100% sure that all the secrets in Doomtown where defined properly. There maybe a few secrets that weren't defined as such, or there may even be a few rouge sectors defined as secrets. You'll have to forgive me, it was designed a lonnng time ago and was never really properly checked for these things (if my memory serves me correctly).

The forums already have IP banning available (any good forum does). Usually a username ban by changing password and email and an IP ban to go with it gets rid of any particular idiot. You can use wildcards in the IP ban so you can ban entire servers, for example, 122.52.341.*, or 122.52.*.*, in fact we already have everybody using the AOL web browser banned, so you can see it's pretty easy to get rid of unwanted visitors ;)

Guest Excalibur_Z

Apparently not.

Yeah, that Lemmings wad is good for a laugh. You could say its a bit of a collectors item too. I could also rip that nice castle wall texture from it and hope no-one notices.

I don't have a dynamic IP (I can only use the university computers for net access, and AFAIK it's on 24/7), so if I ever cause trouble I'll be easy to ban :)

what's your current email address m8? Is it at goodnet.com or mindspring.com I sent an email to mindspring, but it got returned (user unknown). I'm guessing/hoping the goodnet one is still valid, so I've emailed you at that one.