Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

The Level Is Not Enough

I'm glad we won't see anything at E3. After excessive exposure to game hpye, it becomes very tedious and nauseating. In a perfect world, we would only get the basic rundown of what the game will be up until the last few months before release. I hate seeing 280 screenshots of a game a year before it's out. And then a list of all the items, monsters, three months before release. Back in the exciting days of the DOOM release, things were much more unknown and wondersome.

Guest Triad

You don't realize how much things have changed since the "exciting days of the DOOM release" -- you can't produce a game entirely in the dark any more. Sure, 3D Realms is attempting to do this with Duke Nukem Forever, but it is [nearly?] impossible to prevent at least a few screenshots from leaking out somewhere.

With the increasing amount of gamers on the Internet these days, and coincidentally the increasing amount of time the average person spends on the Internet on any given day, developers can't be as tight-lipped as they used to be when designing a game (especially when they're as well known as id Software).

Btw, I can relate to your dislike of seeing "280" screenshots of a game way before its release, but since Tribes 2 is out now I think we're in the clear ;)

Well I mean, I don't want a total media blackout. Duke Nukem Forever? Oooohh, yeeeaahhh. I almost completely forgot about that game.. Anwyay, the thing is, if I see hundreds of screenshots and know every little detail about the game before it's released, then you know, I don't really feel like buying the game, because there's really not enough left to discover. Oh well, I guess I can always not look at the screenshots.

Ourumov has updated the GoldenEye TC site with an updated levels pack that addresses some bugs and updates the graphics. He also advises that if you see weird graphics while playing with these new levels that you should also download the latest graphics patch from the site as well.