Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

POTD

No, i think Tarin said it because its kinda .....* Russell looks for a diplomatic phrase but fails to find one

Guest Pirx

the original looks like souls in pain. these are...laughing?

Well, despite the picture, this spurred me to go look at the freedoom page, and DL the current version.

It's a while since I checked it out, and far more progress had been made than I expected.

More power to the elbows of all concerned.

Guest DooMetallicA

BAAH!!! i dont like it, the texture is too 'happy'. what kind of gun is that?

~STILL LOKING FOR DOOM MUZIK GUITAR TABS~

The problem with a pic like this is the people in it just look like regular people.

(Appologies to anyone who feels insulted by being compared to regular people.)

This is a mistake many professional game manufacturers sometimes. Unless I miss my guess, a lot of the "actors" in the comic book scenes from Max Payne were just part of the development team/friends of the team, and they looked it. Most of them were too geeky looking to be convincing NY gangsters, especially the apparently sleek, sexy female assassin. She just didn't fit the bill, and It just didn't work (for me at least).

Mind you, in a project like Freedoom (are there projects like Freedoom?) I guess it's fair enough. It's a community project, why shouldn't it feature the community?

They could look a bit more tortured and miserable though. :-P

Guest DooMetallicA

what is the freedoom project? (too lazy to find out myself)

Enjay, you raise excellent points, however, the time and effort it would take to actually get pictures of everyone in a "pain and torture" pose wouldn't be worth it.

As always, feel free to create something better and send it in. We'll be disappointed our faces don't make it into the final wad, but we'll understand the fact that the replacement is more suitable.

I made that texture. I was bored and Fraggle was whining about the patch work being stalled, so I went and found a bunch of pictures of people I knew in the community, and made a texture out of it. If someone makes a better one, I won't care.

What a bunch of moany faced gits. That green brick texture is smucking fart. Ideal for castle style levels.