Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

POTD

ID created a game with a loose hellish theme and an even looser plot :) I reckon they just slipped up myself.

Guest dimgeo

Jon:
In set theory, there is no "set of all sets", because if there is, we take all the sets that belong to the set of all sets, that do not belong to themselves. thus, let us examine the set we just built up. it belongs to itself if and only if it does not belong to itself, since it holds all that do NOT belong to themselves. now, it does NOT belong to itself if and only if it does belong to itself.

go have a single player dooming experience, stop trying to find the answer, it's 42! :)

No proof there's a God, no proof there isn't. My only gripe is with all the religons out there that say "follow our way or go to hell!" I think I believe in God. I think that Jesus was an awesome example on how to live, wether or not he actually existed. I also think WADED is a great editor, so I guess that blows my credibility all to hell...

Whatever, I'm gonna go watch cartoons.

I'm a good person to talk to about set theory :) I know all about russell's paradox. A better example is the set of all sets that do not contain themselves... just because its beyond the scope of human understanding does not mean it cannot exist.

incidentally why must the set of all sets not contain sets that belong to themselves? if it has all sets within it, then surely it contains sets that belong to themselves (i.e. set of all infinite sets).. defining it any other way would result in a set that was not the comprehensive set of all sets.

Guest DooMetallicA

But Who Is To Say That God Didn't Create The Big Bang? Did You Ever Think Of That? Why Does The Bible Say That God MAde The Earth, Then Humans? Where Do Dinasaurs Come Into The Picture? I Belive That Pange Existed Before God Flooded The Earth. And I Believe That Aliens Are Demons, Fallen Angels, Etc.

Im afraid what to believe, so I pretty much try to forget about everything and do what i think is right. Gos Scares me, if he exists, and I dont want to go to hell just because I'm ignorant about that topic just like the rest of the world.

dude, don't worry about it. the very basics of it are these: you have to believe that god exists, that jesus was crucified for our sins and ressurrected after.

it has nothing to with being good or donating to charity or going to church or anything like that- those are all rules established by religion, to put together some sort of order that was desperately required in the early days of the church. you probably knew this already but i'll say it anyway- back then the general populace was dumber than your average diehard slipknot fan, so naturally they believed it when the priests said "go to church or go to hell!"

i keep thinking of castlevania:

[richter] tribute?! you steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
[dracula] perhaps the same could be said of ALL religions.

Guest DooMetallicA

Doom only had a story to make it more likeable. if there was no story, it wouldnt make sense. People make things, and THEN make stories for them. Stories ruin everything because there has to be one and there is never a credible one. but they did an awesome job on the doom stories. except for the aphas and pre-releases of course, those sucked.

Guest DooMetallicA

i have a similar theory. I believe that most, if not all, religions are fake, they were made up to keep order and stuff. the original bible is huge. its like a foot thick. thats the only problem i have believeing. thats a really f*c*n* huge a$$ hoax! lol. anyway, kings and leaders changed the bible to suit their morals, and it specifically says in the bible that ifyou change anything that you are sort of "banned from the book of life".

the original bible is huge. its like a foot thick.

a lot of that is pretty mundane stuff, though- telling of relations, who begat who, blahblahblah. i guess they needed filler or something.

Guest DooMetallicA

I like Slipknot...but MetallicA's better! so bah! :-P

Slipknots new cd sux compared to their last one anyway.

Slipknots music doesn't sound that different from the sort of stuff bands like Venom were pumping out 15-20 years. Only difference is, it wasn't trendy back then. Those were the days....... :)

that should have been...15-20 years ago

I should also mention Naplam Death and Dumpy's Rusty Nuts ;-)

Hey, I resent that. :P

bah :P actually, ICP is my secret guilty pleasure, so i won't rag on you. and doometallica? metallica was good during their first 4 albums but. . . megadeth is 666 times better. as is in flames (which is touring with slipknot, which is good 'cuz they'll get some exposure here in the states and bad 'cuz of the whole fair-weather sheep thing), savatage, iced earth, etc.

"Before you pick a fight with someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."

- I dunno...

Guest DooMetallicA

ICP is old, they're funny, but too damned old, and i dont like rap as much as i used to. it gets old too quick. I Like Mega Death, But I have heard much from them. I like All of MetallicA's stuff. every album. I hardly listen to anything else. I can't wait for their next one, as soon as Hetfield gets out of Rehab.

bah, hetfield should quit that band, and make doom maps, or something

people diss religions (not that i don't share this general antipathy) because they are real (like taxes, and fleas, and school tests, and..), while they love god because it's.. uh..

natalie portman!

bah, hetfield should quit that band, and make doom maps, or something

people diss religions (not that i don't share this general antipathy) because they are real (like taxes, and fleas, and school tests, and..), while they love god because it's.. uh..

natalie portman!

Guest DooMetallicA

"way to double-post"

The picture is kick ass, just needs a giant hole in Sins' head.

I dont care much for any bands except Static-X and some techno or other .. whatever the fuck genre Static is..

Now that I grew my hair out long and grew a beard, when I spike my hair, people say I look like Wayn Static. I never said that, but I get it a lot..

Guest DooMetallicA

static x is one of the worst rock/metal/whatever bands ive ever heard. linkin park is better than them, and linkin park only knows how to rap and play powercords. they SUCK!

Guest DooMetallicA

the gate keeper is mising a hole in his head, bowels and other guts hanging out of his rib cage dripping blood and his nick is too long. other than that, it's a really kickass pick, just not gory enough for die-hard doom fans.

wanna make doom bloody as fuck? goto my website.

Guest DooMetallicA

that red thing hanging out of his ass is the last marine that tried to kill him...he ate him...

I dont really care if you like Static-X or not, becuase I do, and many other people do aswell.

Besides that, it is impossible to say that a band really sucks, becuase any band has listeners. Just becuase "you", or some other people dont like the band, does not mean that it sucks, you are wrong.

Guest (Unknown)

I don't see any computer lying the desert. I don't see God anywhere either. All I see is people killing each other over religious beliefs. I see every dumbass religion punishing people for being alive. Forcing their religion on people. Abusing your neighbor's kids because their parents are the not of your religion. Dumb. Would God want that? No. Who created God? No. Who created the creator of God? No. Do the math. It doesn't work out.

I think that if there was a God(which there can't be, remember), he would send all the people of the many religions to hell(remembering that there i no heaven or hell. We all go to the same place, if any, when we die).

Plain and simple, we'll never know. I'll believe it when I see it, right?

Guest j00 equals ded

we are getting off topic so often now...

this is turning into the bluesnews message boards...