Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Brotherhood Of Ruin Released

I've been informed by Tarin that Brotherhood of Ruin, described as a set of levels for Doom 2 and the MBF engine, has been released. Unfortunately, the page seems to have been disabled by GeoCities for over-use of traffic, so whether it's a real project site or a redirect to um, unsavory material on the 'net, is anyone's guess.

? What is with all these other comments?

Anyway, Brotherhood of Ruin is good. You should play it. If you can't get it from the link above try:

[url]http://members.home.net/stphrz/wads/ruinbros.zip[/url]

Dunno how much longer that link will last due to all the crapola surrounding @home recently. It works for now though.

God damnit,that link's unstable.. got cut off three times now, at about 95% >:-(
Aw hell, will try again ^_^

Yeah BoR is totally awesome.. i was one of the happy that got to beta test it :) Wish I could have done a better job though.

Well.. from what i've seen so far; this kicks lots of ass! Visually stunning, one of few levels i've played that actually look good in GL. And the themes and textures really fit the monsters in doom, while looking really original. Great job!

Just one pain.. Getting something boom to work properly.. Anything dos based gets me music but no sound. prboom won't recognize half of the keys on the keyboard, and Glboom doesn't draw projectiles (imp fireballs and stuff). Ugh.

Guest Pirx

...for the links. nice to see bigger wads released nowadays. i had bookmarked ruinbros for a future releases list, together with hr2, alien vendetta, millennium doom and what else should be done some day.

Guest MrMGA

The web site says BoR will not play with Zdoom, but it runs fine with Zdoom 1.23 on my computer. What features am I missing by not using MBF?

BoR was pretty awesome. The only real criticism I can offer is that the levels were pretty similar -- it felt like I played the same level seven times. There was almost no variety in themes between levels. Granted, since that theme was executed EXTREMELY well, that may not be a criticism; however, it would have been nice to see a little more variety.

Still, this kicks ass. BoR has some of the best "Temple/Ruins" architecture I have ever seen. Way to go.

"Anything dos based gets me music but no sound"

Same here. I can play a dos program only once with sound. Thats the first time. After that, The sound stops working. Thats also why I stopped making Hexen maps. No sound.

Hmmm. Still works fine for me. Works for my brother in Calgary as well. I've noticed a fair number of people have always had problems connecting properly to @home members web space and pages. The system is crap obviously :/

thanks, arioch

stphrz, yeah, i heard @home's having problems now, maybe the routes going my direction are affected

What makes BoR so great (IMO) are especially the textures. Textures like that are very rarely (if at all) used in Doom, so they are "fresh".

Guest UAC PR Dept.

What MBF features does it actually use?

I just played it... whoever said it was "much of the same" is officially blind... great diversity in architecture and detail, beautiful areas and a refreshing texture set (for doom). And keeps the good old fashioned doom gameplay! thumbs up.

played it in gl legacy... which works with no problems.

Guest j00 equals ded

jackie chan say "way a go"

If you're having trouble getting MBF to work, try using SMMU instead; As the latter is based on the former, it's 100% compatible.

flowing water and underwater that I noticed so far... should work with anything Boom compatible (works fine with PrBoom)

Wow Sam, I didn't expect such great progress on Plut II. Now there's even more releases to look out for in the not so distant (hopefully) future.

Guest NunoC

This is really good, albeit a bit hard in layout. AWESOME easter egg in map05 :)