Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Cooperative Review

Guest Excalibur_Z

The first problem is that we couldn't find any way of stopping the server from thinking the levels were being run as a Deathmatch. This meant that the levels had quite a few weapons scattered across them and as a result everyone spent level 1 armed with the BFG (although everyone still spawned together as you would expect for co-op, all most odd)

Now maybe it's just me but isn't this what happens in even doom(2).exe? Certainly JDoom can fix it later but as it stands that's how the game works anyway: Deathmatch weapons appear in co-op.

Guest Johnny Magnum

Go teach Granny to suck eggs!!!!

Yes, it works like that.. I am supriced how this comes up so often.. You'd think that people would know that after 8 years.

Guest Excalibur_Z

What do you expect, they were reviewing Doom Co-op 8 years after the game's release ;)

I'm just shocked they tried to blame it on JDoom. What did JDoom ever do to you guys?! =P

Guest Pirx

i bet original doom coop was 10x more fun than what they did there.

a review to just mention jdooms problems with polygons and sprites in multiplayer, to mention their ignorance about the game's modes, and to end up with a measly 2 paragraphs about the experience of playing it (in which they say 'you already know how doom plays'). well, at least they did admit they were stupid (adventurers). heh

Yeah it's great fun. If everything works ok that is. If you play it in doom2.exe over a lan it's awesome.

Guest wondersmith

I agree with Vorpal, Erik, and Ebola: Doom probably is the best co-op FPS. We at the Co-Op Certification Laboratory have tried Quake, Quake II, Duke Nukem, Redneck Rampage, Necrodome, Heretic, Heretic II, Hexen, Unreal, and Daikatana in co-op, but not one of them rivals good old Doom. Our favorite port is Zdoom because of its support for network cheats--which are, unfortunately, sometimes necessary when wad authors forget about co-op play and create maps that get us stuck.

Yeah tell me about it, played eternal doom coop yesterday and got stuck in map02 because of lacking coop support.

Me and my buds were serial cable bitches. Man, that thing took me a good 12 hours to figure out. (5 years ago heh). So maybe that made it more satisfying, kinda like how McDonalds tastes awesome after you've hiked 8 miles.