Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

POTD

Sadly, it seems some people here just don't learn. The name-calling will stop now, or else.

Returning to the original topic, did you all know we got email from John Romero saying that this POTD is indeed the very same picture that inspired Kevin Cloud to create the Cacodemon?

I didn't, but I'm not suprised :) In fact, it looks so uncanny that I have a suspicion they didn't draw the caco from scratch but actually based it on a scan of that pic too...

Well, I was in a bad mood, and that's the first time I resorted to pointless name-calling. And it was in the name of fun.

I'll stop if you want.

Sorta brings me back to the canning of "Reborn" incident.. How can ID claim their monsters in Doom their intellectual property when they in fact, clearly are not. But quite the opposite.

heh.. I think it would take AD&D taking ID to court to prove legally that they aren't their legal property though.

By the way, WadEd, that was pretty good.

But you sort of eclipsed my remarks. :/
Oh well.

Ok, as promised, here's what John Romero had to say about the POTD:

Send reply to: <john@monkeystone.com>
To: <news@doomworld.com>
Subject: Pic Of The Day
Date sent: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:16:39 -0600
Organization: Monkeystone Games

Heya,

I just saw your pic of the day with the painting from a D&D book. Yep
-- that's the exact image that Kevin Cloud used to create the Cacodemon.
:)

John Romero
Lead Programmer
Monkeystone Games
www.monkeystone.com

Guest laff

First time you resorted to name-calling? What about the times with W@velength?

nope still hang out at NewDoom way to bloody much. :p It gets hard to leave, the DOOM community is full of very vibrant people. Whatever happens to the game, the community will never die or even get boring...

Besides, I moved to my own domain so I could float neutrally between all the sites. I am from Canada you know, it's our way... :)

No, I said this was the first time I resorted to *pointless* name-calling.

W@velength irritated me ten times before I started flaming.

TheRequiem made two comments that didn't bother me at all. They were just bad.
I thought I would have some fun.

Guest j00 equals ded

i find this unintelligent conversation quite amusing

from what i've seen you post so far in the short time i've been re-frequenting the comments board (i have yet to actually get off my butt and actually go to the forums), you are in no position to be referring to anything as "unintelligent".

I gave you a day but you seem to have failed to amuse me. Talking about ones cerial was just plain "the stupidest thing anyone could ever come up with". I think you should go back to eigth grade yourself and analyze the kids behavior that pick on you and then learn something better and then try to amuse me. I'm extending your time limit one more day.

And Wad Ed, if it bothers you so much that you have to write such a long ignorant message to show how much you diss-like me and others... then I pitty you. If you feel the means necessary to think that I'm retarded... go ahead, I could really care less. It seems you are quite depressed about the new Doom III game and the way the Doom community has been, maybe you should resort to psychiatric help or some sort of my mind melding therapy.

Didn't call anyone names, heh

Guest jao2000

Yeah, hi there!

Good picture and also a question about that:

Damn, I´ve trying to send a picture and I´ve not been so lucky to do that. Can somebody tell me how to upload a picture??? Please :)

Thanks,
http://doortohell.tripod.com

Guest laff

''Or laff'' Yeah that's real funny man.....real funny but i think you meant W@velength is everyone's enemy.....

The fact that you use "ignorant" and "diss-like" in the same sentence is enough of a comeback that I don't have to say anything.

I'm sorry, TheRequiem. I'm smarter than you. You can act unimpressed all you want, but I'm not going to waste more time than I have to on you.
Maybe you would be a more successful troller if you actually had skill enough to irritate me.

I do, however grudgingly admire that you were somehow able to get hosted on planetunreal without a project. And that you managed to sucker people into joining when you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.
Or are these people you mysteriously conjured out of thin air? If I e-mailed them, would I get 10 MAILER-DAEMON messages?

And explain to me, as best you can, please, the following:
Why do you want coders when you don't know the full extent of what the doom engine will have?
What the hell is a Vice Project Leader and what's the point in one?
Manager?
Resources?
Services?
And do you really expect to get 45 more people to join?

If you ignore these questions I see no need to continue to pay you any mind either.
And give me a real answer, not "If you don't know you're a ..." because you can only bluff your way into pissing people off so far.

And as for your gracious extension of one day, allow me to answer that with a finger.

Bow down to the mighty hyena! He is deemed more 'smartey man' than theRequiem! He therefore has more right to post on these here comments!

&lt;/sarcasm&gt;