Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Alien Vendetta Released

Guest j00 equals ded

being stoned is being pathetic

Guest o-tech

*wakes up from hibernation*

uhm? what happened? a GOOD megawad? guess I'll have to install doom after all...

Guest o-tech

not a single comparison to the darkening E2 in the comments. bah. then it must sucketh ;-D

Guest mantra_

the second episode of the darkening is so unbelievably saucy that i cannot believe it so often gets little mention. though at the moment i feel its at the pinnacle of mapmaking, i have yet to play av so wont compare the two, though beating d2 would not be an easy thing, and i have my doubts.

-mantra

well, the only significant comparison you can make to darkening 2 is that it's a lot harder. the first ten levels are supposedly a lot easier than the rest and they're about as hard as darken e2. just played through map11 for the first time, what a fantastic level - the design on this pack is really top-notch. can't wait to see some rocking maxdemos here, hehe :)

Darkening E2 was consistent in quality. Unfortunately Alien Vendetta has some slow parts (read: awful levels that aren't fun to play through). Kim, Anders and Pablo have some nice maps... I think it was Map24 last night that I just quit because I was becoming so annoyed. :P

Guest mantra_

after going through soto's vindication map04 it would seem that way i suppose, but still 5-7 are very high quality and could hardly be considered slow spots.

I've never played through map05. I've tried several times. and everytime I've stopped..

even when we were playing in coop.

The one annoying thing about av is that there are a lot of very similar levels.

There are only so many "brown brick and nukage" and "red brick in hell" levels you can take in one .wad :)

Guest Pirx

exactly, it says patch_rock something not found and quits. too bad, jdoom's graphics are impressive. it runs with legacy32beta3, i've played coop x2 and no problem, lighting is not quite jdoom's lens flare orgy, but it looks polished now, textures and mosters look crisper than in jdoom. plus the networking part was flawless. (while in jdoom 1.0 and upwards we have invisible players)-?
so i'd like to know how it can made running with jdoom. latest legacy looked good and no problems.

Since I can't get it running under JDoom I've been playing it with Legacy I am up to the second bonus episode, holy shit level 31 was fun :)

Guest j00 equals ded

i cant get jdoom to run the damn thing either...

117th post!!!11

and so far AV doesn't remind me at all of HR (thank ghod.. HR is mostly boring). Puts me more in mind of Requiem in terms of design and gameplay. Quality runs from average to very good -- no real duds so far, lots of intriguing sections, and the interlocking tunnels in map11 are notably outstanding.

I'd criticize it mainly in that there is not a great deal of variation in the style of assaults from one map to the next, and overall it is, as someone noted, a bit too "brown".

Good thing plenty of infighting can be (so far) orchestrated, since for scratch starts, some maps have only HALF the amount of ammo required to kill all the monsters yourself (including dropped ammo).

Maybe someone could start another comment page? this one is getting ridiculously huge.
(Or -- here's a novel thought -- use a newsgroup!)