Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Alien Vendetta Released

oh my fucking god

If the original doom2 levels had been anything like this...

Anyone bitching about anything from this wad is obviously retarded. I don't give a crap about any installation... I don't give a crap about Duke, or ROTT, or illegal bullshit...

I do give a crap about AV because it is the most awesome Megawad I have ever played. End.

Regarding demos, most of those (or probably all) would desync with the current map versions, I'm pretty damn sure we'll see some demos for it tho, if nothing else I'll make a 32 level demoset myselfe :)

About legal crap, installation prog etc etc etc....I'm sorry Mutator had to post what he did, cus it will only lead to people getting hung up in bs instead of enjoying the wad. I don't give much of a crap about legalities for a 8 year game. Well, in some wierd way I think its a no-no to rip of other authors while the original games have already been ripped off so much it dosn't really matter. Of course, both are just as bad(?) if one is to be legally correct about it. The installation thingy was a bad call on our part, intention was good tho so lets drop that subject already. I'm glad arioch responded quickly with a reupload or more people would probably have skipped the whole thing in frustration. When it comes to "its ok for av to rip off but not for people to rip off av" - this is not exactly true. We would prefer people not to use our menu/statbar/titlepic graphics, but feel free to use any of the textures we made, as the txt states.

Again, thanks to all of you who have given some positive feedback.

ok, maybe this is an odd question asking in here, but since there hasn't been a forum about av set up, I wanted to ask if anyone has started playing map1, has anyone gone through the level yet? I couldn't figure out how to unlock or to get through the wall where the exit is behind. Does anyone have a lead to guide me where to go and what to do?

I wouldn't worry about people skipping this wad because of legal issues, considering how much ass it kicks.

Guest wondersmith

My earlier post complaining about the install program and inconsistent treatment of copyright failed to point out that these are small issues compared to the enormous service of the AV team on behalf the Doom community. I apologize for that. Many thanks to the entire AV team for all your hard work.

Hm, some of them are quiet good, but honestly I must say that they are not great or excellent. I mean, compared to Memento Mori, Requiem, Obituary, the Classic Epsiode ...

It's fun to play the TC, but it's nothing revolutionary, I would say.

Well, played up to map05 last night, i'm having a blast so far :). Nice cleanly designed fun levels, good to see a back-to-basics megawad :). I had some neat times for map01 in beta, for some reason they desync now even though the map doesn't appear to have changed - agh! Recorded a quickie pacifist in 0:31 (my old time 0:30) though...where should I send it, anyone know?

Just a guess: old demos could go out of sync because this final wad has proper reject tables built.

Nobody criticized them for using other games' resources. I just criticize that they used the installation program to check for doom2.wad, although it uses resources from many other sources. Since you can't check if the user has all the sources ("please insert your Metallica CD now") there is no point in using the installation program in the first place. And it's not like AV is the very first and only .wad to use resources from other games. Everybody does it (of course, that does not make it legal), but does anybody care? I don't think so. IIRC the people from Raven once said that they don't care if stuff from Heretic/Hexen is used in the community, as long as no profit is made.

BTW, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Have you actually played all the way through yet?

Some of the later maps are definitely Memento Mori quality (especially map20, that maps is amazing). Besdies, Memento Mori and its sequel had their share of crap maps...

well, no one cares about this legal bullshit. especieally when your "god-sent" installer only works from shitodze !!!!!

i survived map04 ambush (in uv of course) at first passage !! yay !

* ethh brags.

So it says some textures from heretic/hexen are used, but have any of you matched the entries up to the shareware versions to see if any weren't in there? They could have been from the shareware versions.
And Mutator, if you gave me the source code for that install program, I could greatly improve it. If the source code is too yag to release then you could give me the AV logo and the fire images, I could still greatly improve it.

Did I forget to mention, moo?

Guest gems

i still havent played it...installer didnt work..and WHAT THE HELL DID ANDREWB DO?