Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Nope, I'll never see them. Like another poster, I use NS3.04 (js and image loading off -- so I needn't bother with ad-blocking software or even a hosts.txt). Make the site js-only to compensate, and I'll stop coming here entirely, and you can bet the same will apply to a lot of other regulars.

However..

I've seen ONE form of advertising that was *NOT* obnoxious, got my attention (I actually *READ* some of them) and actually had USEFUL content: the "Adwords" model such as is being used on Google and a few other places. This type of ad is in the form of a very small text box with 3-4 lines of text (including a normal link) off to one side of the main content. In fact I was sufficiently impressed that I am considering using Adwords for my own business.

There is no damned reason to ANNOY visitors with popups and popunders (or even with crappy banner ads) when a better alternative exists.

I eat poopups for breakfast!!1!1!1@

...wait, that doesn't sound good what so ever... ^_^

Whats the point of advertising if it just pisses everybody off anyway?? Do those dumbasses think that they're selling us shit or what? Christ, if I see one more "classesmates" add, I'm gonna barf.

Guest Virgil_

Hey, I'm just thankful this site' still up and running as usual. I hope a better way to run it opens up in the future. To repeat what Andrew said, "I don't think this is a big deal. DW is a great site, well worth a couple of clicks each visit."

P.S. For those 31337 kiddies who simply MUST, popups are easy to trace. Once they're traced to their real origin, one can always have some fun with the data archives... *grins and recites "71-13 31337 d0 n07 p1-13312" under his breath*

Virgil

Its 3 clicks for me, since every time i close a Explorer window it will come up with a error and a nother error when you click on the error box.

Guest NunoC

ALL AnalogX programs rule. Namely Scratch and SayIt :)

My self programmed internet surfer stops Pop Ups and other evil!!

Cue evil laugh with echo

Guest Black Knight

When I get pop up adds I just minimize them. Doing so stops other pop ups from popping up and usually just results in them reloading the current pop up in the minimized task bar. Thats all you have to do!

Guest Black Knight

But every once in awhile I get pissed off and keep closing them when they pop up, it's a stress reliever.

it's annoying when your typing stuff and it pops up and it makes your typing stop and stuff like that

I'll sell you lot my "Web Sufer" for £20!! A pound for every minute it took to make!