Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Resident Doom

Guest Corbachu

yes. Why?
And the 404's on the page do exist.
EVERYONE WANTING TO GO TO THE PAGE WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ME TO SAY IT IS OK. UNDER CONSTRCTION.

"You are right I should of consulted the people of Doom resurection about using their pic, and my spelling is bad but who gives a crap? Just on the word which. "

Actually, it seems that you "misspelled" the word "have" as "of" in this very post. And "resurrection" is missing an R, assuming that it is spelled right in that project's name.

‰´—l‚̉pŒê”—͂ɏŸ‚Ä‚é‚©I Ha.

Merriam-Webster's dictionary and Microsoft Works Word seem to disagree. Again, I make the assumption that Doom Resurrection spells the word in its name in the same way as English spells its. (And a quick check of the links section on Doomworld's homepage tells me that it does.)

Poor Corbachu must hate that this thread has turned into a debate over his spelling errors.

What's the purpose of language? It's to communicate right? So if you can understand what the other person's talking about,what's the problem.Show me a person who's never made a spilling mistoke.

Guest Corbachu

Thank you. Besides, I type real fast and dont have time to check my messages over. Anyways, anyone who wants to work on the project give a buzz. AND NOW FOR THE FINALE:

I got a new server/site:

www.notinsane.net/thedoomgods

Yes the site is fully functional and everything. Please give me suggetsions and whatnots about it.

He thought of which idea? Doing RE in Doom? Actually, I'm sure that many of us have had that very idea. I myself did, but didn't have near the ambition, time, or skills. I thought it would be even cooler, if there were some RE2 editor out there, to make Doom with the RE2 engine, but naturally (duh) there is no such thing. So kudos to him for starting the project! I have (er, I mean my friend Richo has) a quasi-RE type of cinema-laden map coming soon to Doomcenter, on the other hand.

And yes, Language is used primarily for communication, but it is also an art form. More importantly in this context, using language correctly rather than incorrectly will often tend to make the user seem more intelligent and credible. Walls in Doom are there to keep the player from running into a HOM-filled void, but that doesn't mean that they aren't much nicer when the textures are aligned properly. Ha! Even Socrates would be proud of that logical analogy.

Guest Corbachu

Okay, listen.

We are using the EDGE engine (GL), then we are using our source port for later use. And Lobo, a team member, knows how to rip skins and graphics off of his psx/pc ports of Resident Evil. Anyone who doesn't believe me contact him at:
luke_d_brennan@yahoo.com
And he will show you. We also got the Chris Redfield (model from Halflife) into Doom 2/ EDGE engine. Looks cool.

Yes good valid points on language, I agree.But there's not much point aligning the textures on one wall if you have HOM on the other three.

Guest deathwarrior

uhh, why did you say that you didn't have proof of permission on the doomworld forums?

Hmm, and I thought Corbachu was Dashiva... apparently not. Wasn't Corbachu banned from the dw forums for posting wares or something? :P

>>How does one go about ripping shtuff off of PSX discs? Thats neato.

I'd try making an iso of the psx game and putting it on my hard drive. Then I'd go in with a hex editor and change what a few things. I'd then load up the game on an emulator and see what's changed. Then I'd do more hexing. And so on, and so on.

After locating what to rip, I'd dump that specific hex range into a sepreate file. Then I'd try to figure out the format of the model/texture/sound/whatever. Failing that, I'd write a plugin for photoshop (for a texture), winamp (for sound), or 3dmax (for a model) and keep on attempting different ways of interpreting the hex until I get something that resembles the model/whatever. Then I'd do all the really FUN (sarcasm) parts, like figuring out the palette and animation formatting.

You may SAY that you've had the RE-Doom idea before, but this guy actually stood up and did something about it, and started a project.

It is the internet, yes, and writing is the only way to communicate, so keeping it clean and smart with good grammar is indeed the only way to make an opinion or judge a personality, if you are into that...

On the other hand, maybe, just maybe, you should try to listen to what he is saying instead of how he says it. Nobody ever seems to get this point. Kennedy sure didn't get it in time. I'm just saying, don't try to look cool by nailing how someone types- we were like that too at one time.

Screw you, almost everything I ever say here is intelligent, which is why you guys hate me. I imply a new, intelligent and credible idea and so you automatically have to disagree, which is why I only come here at one in the morning.

Yes, I did SAY that. After all, RE is a very popular game, and many people who play Doom know about it. I then said that I didn't think myself capable of such an undertaking, and congratulated this person for having done so.

I have no intention of "nailing" how anyone types. This is the last place one would want to be the English patrol, unless he had 100 years of spare time and those really cool cyborg speed-typing hands like that guy on Ghost in the Shell. Moreover, most people do make mistakes, and there'd really be no point in trying to pick on someone unless he had a multitude of errors and was really arrogant. It just so happens that this spelling was already a topic when I came in. And I guess that’s just the terrible danger of the internet. If you’re not careful, you might get your spelling criticized by some guy who’s opinion is obviously worth noting because he actually spends his time talking about spelling on Doomworld!

Now here's one it would be a sin to stay quiet on. Final Fantasy 3 (Japan) is unquestionably the best Final Fantasy ever. I'd like to know who "they" are.

Final Fantasy III (U.S) has unquestionably the best music in the series (II U.S. comes at a CLOSE second), but overall I think 9 is my favorite. It's just so fun when all the players have auto-regen and auto-haste at level 80:)

Oh yea, I liked 3's gameplay too. 9 was good too (Reminded me more of Final Fantasy 2). Gameplay-wise, 9 beats it by just a little, but 3 had that nice non-linear story to it, especially in the world of ruin. 3 also had a better story. I dunno I just liked 9 better