Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

POTD

actually, this may just be a mock-up shot of a proposed skin for the GUI

but wth, it's a new picture

eat it up, you've got another month

Guest The Trasher

Kick ass, Cybie! I have a tenner on this...

Arioch is probably right, its just a mock up shot, it would be hard to believe a palmtop would handle graphics that good.. but then a gain they have cell phones that are about as small chode, and have little colored screen that you can surf the internet with and email people and play games.. what the fuck, its crazy. CELLULAR DEATH MATCH DAMNIT!

Your average PocketPC has at least as much horsepower as machines that were running Doom when it first came out. Keep in mind that it's rather low-res...

Actually, Quake and Quake II have been ported to PocketPC PDAs with most of the graphics intact.

http://www.doomworld.com/arioch/muffinlegacy.gif

This is apparently a screenshot from the port.

My iPAQ has a 206MHz ARM processor with 64 megs of memory, 240x320 resolution with ~4000 colors. Surely that is enough to run Doom (320x200x8).

From the looks of this, I noticed a few things. This is map 08, and since he has no keys yet, it's probably the first area he went to. Also, the BFG isn't available until map 10, unless he used the cheat code to walk through the deathmatch entrance on map 07, so he must have used the weapons only code. By the looks of that picture, most of the Barons are dead already, so I'd say another 10-15 rockets will kill the Cyberdemon.

Guest DooMetallicA

the map number and the cyber demon(how many rockets) was a pretty obviouse statement, but I can honestly say that I would never have thought about the BFG, I never plaed map 8 on deathmatch...oh hell, Ive never PLAYED deathmatch.......:(

Guest DooMetallicA

You missed something. It appears as iff he turned god mode on and then, for some unknown reason, turned it off. otherwise It's unlikely to have 200% armor+health. or was ther e a megasphere or something of that sort near the end of map7? And WTF is a PocketPC? you mean a PalmPilot?

Guest DooMetallicA

and uhm, is that GL-Legacy?

Guest Fragmiester<DM>

AMAGINE FRAGGING A DIM-WITTED, DUMB-ASS, SHIT HEAD MONSTER, ON A TELEPHONE! WOW! Wouldnt that be great!

(Not)

Im off, to go DEATHMATCHING, COOPERATING, And Watching TV

Um, no. A PocketPC is entirely different from a PalmPilot (not withstanding the fact that PalmPilots no longer exist - they're just Palms now). PocketPCs are PDAs based on Microsoft's resource-gobbling PocketPC operating system, which makes them larger and more expensive than Palms, but as a useful spin-off lets them play pretty high-power games, along with DivX movies and stuff. iPaq is a PocketPC, HP Jornada is a PocketPC, etc.

As for the map - there's a BFG on MAP08, as already noted, it's in a slightly complicated secret off the room where there's pinkies on ledges you can trigger stairs to rise to. There's a 100% sphere in the cybie room (more if you're playing below UV), but offhand I can't remember where there's a blue armour in MAP08. I'm sure there is though. Personally though i'd say they'd used IDKFA (or whatever the equivalent is on a PocketPC, heh), just looking at the very high ammo levels.

On a sidenote, I hope they're using a demo-compatible codebase, like PRBoom - I dunno how practical actually *playing* the thing would be on a PocketPC, there's something of a limit on buttons and that touch-screen interface looks as if it'd be...um...shit, but being able to download the latest compet-n stuff on a train and watch it would be pretty damn neat. :)

Guest DooMetallicA

not IDKFA, just IDFA. ( no Keys )

Guest DooMetallicA

I know this isn't the place to ask, but seeing as how some JACK ASS banned me PERMANANTLY from the rest of the doomworld forums, I'll have to ask this here:

When I try to connect to play with ZDaemon, It gives me this Error message saying that it can't change the video mode to 320x200......how do I fix this?

Oh yeah... So there is. All this time, I've never actually found that. I guess I didn't need it to get through the map, but it will make it a whole lot easier now.

Guest DooMetallicA

lol. I know all the cheats, even ones that have never been exploited :)

but seeing as how some JACK ASS banned me PERMANANTLY from the rest of the doomworld forums
That'd be one of us. It might have been a case of over-broad ip-range ban, might not. If you are banned and you feel that it was in error, you might have MAILED ONE OF THE ADMIN AND INQUIRED. But whatever.