Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Caverns Of Darkness In The Dark

The Chaos Crew's site has been updated with good and bad news. The bad ones first: there has been strictly no progress on their project 'Caverns of Darkness'. On the other hand, 'Phobos: Anomaly Reborn' level 8 is now done and to celebrate the fact that only two more levels are needed to release the project, Chris Lutz has posted nothing less than 10 screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

Guest (Unknown)

there should be a bunch of newsplashes,newSplash backgrounds,E1m5music from original Doom game!

Guest (Unknown)

destroy in a Psychological way

Guest (Unknown)

Rise of the Triad is totally cool idea for
new weapons,themes and the decapitator

Thanks Ebola & Pablo -- but the hell are the the three comments about? Anybody?

Or perhaps only one "the" would have been appropriate. Oh well -- I drink alot.

Guest (Unknown)

there should be new splashes, and skins

Guest (Unknown)

there should be new splashes i'd agree

Guest (Unknown)

maybe the DESPERADO PISTOLS should be used IN

It's like there is a new w@velength without native english... And just what the hell are "doomsplashes" anyway?

Heh, maybe username found a way to register a name without characters :P

Its maybe something like crossed telephone lines.

Its nice to see you are still doing the Doom stuff Chris, like everyone else I look forward to it.

I'm not going to throw any opinions out there; since I made the majority of the levels for both conversions, there are some small similarities, but in both look (texturing, anyway) and feel they are pretty different. CoD has more "gothic" style levels -- giant, imposing structures shrouded in darkness -- while P:AR is more in the style of E1. Granted, the last 3 levels of P:AR take place underground and are really devoid of E1 ambience, but I think it flows well enough that no one will mind.

Quite frankly, the Chaos Crew would absolutely love a long-winded and heated argument about which .WAD is better (once both are released) -- that would be a massive compliment. So...everyone get fired up.