Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

DoomCad Is Back

DoomCad is the only windows editor I liked. First things first get rid of that "Division by 0" error, that was very annoying. Don't forget to save your work, I saw Wednesday's report. VB6 has autosave I remind you, but of course you sound competent.

I look forward to your releases, hopfully source code??

Guest Excalibur_Z

YES! I couldn't get into any other editor, not even WinDEU. Doomcad was the only editor I ever used, the only one that had that good feel.

Subscript out of range.
Division by zero.
Partition Node not found: Nodes will be inaccurate.

Those three things, the scourge of Doomcad. That program was oversensitive, so it made my levels structured and well-designed.

Yes, I LOVE Doomcad, it's my favorite. It's the first one I learned, and there is absolutely nothing that I can't do in it. Just fix those nasty bugs it has, and we'll be in great shape. Also, I hate the fact that when you delete sectors and lines and stuff, it will leave behind the sidedefs and won't let you get rid of them. Other than that, Doomcad is great, and I can't wait to see a new version. By the way, how about Boom support or something? I'm sure that it would be rather simple, and I would love to have Boom support in Doomcad.

I'm very happy to hear this news - DoomCAD was the editor I started with and it's the one I use to make all my maps. Great news!!

Guest |Laz|

I plan on fixing that Division by 0 bug, and all the other stuff you guys have mentioned. But if you would, can you put them on suggestions at http://doomcad.lameware.com? I'm using that as my reference. Thanks,

well.... what if you want to post an url with parameters..... then you'll have to have a ? in the url....

That program was oversensitive, so it made my levels structured and well-designed.

me too.. I didnt have a computer let alone access to the internet so I couldn't get any other editor (I used a friend's computer... doom/doomcad introduced me to the concept of school truancy)

Its a shame the bloody thing is written in visual basic, you would be better off cloning it rather than working from the source.

Guest |Laz|

Yea I could, then I could call it my own, BUT Visual Basic is what I know best. I don't know Win32 programming with c++ very well. All I have been able to do in the way of Win32 programming with c++ is a small littrle starfield. I'd like to re-write it on c++, but im not that experiences, unfortunately :/

What on earth is wrong with VB. It is a helva lot better than damn VC++. The only disadvantage is the speed if a program isn't optimised right, but for a level editor what does it mattter?

You are both missing my point- Law yes this isn't a speed critical application so the improved efficiency of C++ over VB isn't very important, but my qualm is VB is windows-only, if you wrote it in C/C++ or virtually any other language it could be ported to other platforms. Wine can't even properly emulate certain calls to the vb runtime files.

I never even mentioned VC++, I've never used it but I've heard good things. I'm not really into the whole 'visual' developement stuff myself. There's more to coding than visual studio!

Guest |Laz|

I never mentioned vc++ either :P
I did however mention win32 programming using c++. I don't program in dos anymore. It's pretty much an obsolete OS. Then again, anyone who is playing doom to the extent of mapping and/or source porting, probably knows dos anyways. *shrug* I dunno heh.

I believe when Jon mentioned 'other platforms', he was thinking more of Linux than DOS.