Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Knee-Deep In The Very Dark

De Zeurkous released quite a strange DOOM2 deathmatch map, called Knee-Deep In The Dark. All the walls are painted black, so it is quite a challenge to find your way through the level. And if the layout of the Unusually Dark site seems familiar to you, know that it has been designed by Laz, who is currently working on DoomCad.

Guest The Gemini

... lame

... so lame, my dick refuses to erect itself

I don't wanna be direspectful or anything. Maybe I am, but ..

..is this all a joke?

* Ebola is also reffering to the screenshots of the heretic map.

The guy is just tryign to do somehting new... that's how you earn spots in level editing. Even thoe... it is kind of a ridiculous map.

Guest |Laz|

Inferno you need to take a long walk off a short cliff. As for the rest of you, cut the guy some slack. At least he's doing something. At least he put thought into a map. It doesn't even matter what you guys think of his map, As long as he's proud of himself and the map, thats all that matters. Show a little respect for him. There are worse ya know.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

sup4r1337.wad

I once built a Half-Life map with only White and Black textures, with proper lighting for the white textures, and black being used in areas that don't go too far from white (so you don't get totally lost (too much. >:)), and it was an excelent map. ^_^ I'm trying to remake it again.

Aparently most of you think diffrent is stupid, well :P to you unorigional bass turds! ...in a nice way. ^_^

La la la la laaaa... *skips happily off*

Guest |Laz|

hehe you know you will! :P

Guest Zeurkous

Whats wrong with the Heretic map? Its still in very early stage, and i wanted to show something, so should i not pose screenshots of it?

De Zeurkous
-----------

Friggin' Machines!

What's the point of screenshots? Pretty lame excuse for being lazy, man. Even I'm not that lazy when it comes to the unstable art of level editing.

I have to agree with w@velength here. Posting several screenshots of a Heretic map, every time you add 2 new sectors is pretty weird. Building those 2 new sectors probably was a 5-minutes effort, while taking screenshots and uploading them takes 15 minutes or so.

Guest Zeurkous

I did add definitly more then 2 sectors each time. I add detail (where i am still working on), before i proceed to the next part. And it takes only 5 mins to upload the screenshots of a working time of 30 mins.

De Zeurkous
-----------

Friggin' Machines!

Well, as far as I can tell, those screenshots show the first room from every angle. If you continue uploading screenshots at this rate, showing every new room at every angle, there's no point in downloading your map. Since I already would have seen every wall and corner in your screenshots. The point of screenshots is to give potential players a good taste of your map, but still leave plenty of room for surprises.

I'm not saying that you should quit mapping, not at all. I'm just saying that you shouldn't reveal every tiny step in the development process on internet.

Guest Zeurkous

Ur right. I will not post all things of every development step anymore :)

Good :-)

Just to give you an example, look at Ebola's screenshot on the pic of the day. This Phobia: Exodus map is probably huge and one could take dozens of interesting screenshots of it. But Ebola choose to release only a single screenshot. An excellent choice, in my opinion, because it makes players eager to download this map. Just to see what the rest looks like.