Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ZX-Doom

Jean-François "X-Doom" Thibault sends word that he is working on a source mod to the newly released ZDoom 1.23 betas as a college project. The source mod, entitled ZXDoom, will be a combination launcher and source port project which, according to him, will include support for 3D environment lighting, translucent water, a sort of DeHacked scripting, support for some Legacy and EDGE maps, and be compatible with Skull Tag.

why is what someone says he WILL make news, rather than what he HAS done? At going rates, about 99.9845797% of announced projects on the internet never make it. Wouldn't it save a lot of trouble just announcing what people have produced already?

Guest Striker

But the following phrase caught my eye "as a college project." In other words his GPA depends on this being AOK. Which puts motivation into this.

i'd say that if he releases something it'll be trimmed down quite (all those features...), bearing only the he really has inspiration and potential for. i'd think most budding coders would do better working with a team that needs an engine mod with small modifications, and not merging and expanding complex/advanced engines in development

Guest Rick Clark

"and it will make great toast too"

LOL.

Hi there !

The launcher is pretty slow for now !

This project was in secrets since a month and was not working fine since a week.

But it crash when using the faked room over room, i have my teams up (3) and we don't use the GPL license. we don't use Legacy and EDGE source, just ZDoom. But i think when i will (or we) finish our most work, i will release the demo. Randy has make good jobs in is source argument.

I don't have screnshot of the project but i still working fine for now. just a little slow.

Legacy mode : 65% done (work fine in general)
EDGE mode : 20% done (too many crash)
New ZDoom 75% done
ZDoom : same as the Beta32

A new section in my site will be added for ZXDoom in this week.

I will stay informed all Doom news sites.
Wish us some luck. We need it!

we don't use the GPL license

ehm.... in that case you're not allowed to make a demo public.

I really like the idea of a source port that's compatible with all the others!

ZDoom doesn't use the GPL either. It never switched over to the GPL, and is still covered under the old Doom license.

Sounds good, but I think I'll save my excitment until somthing physical is downloading.

Sorry I know that this is not the place to ask this, but does someone know where can I download a good DOOM 2 level editor? I don't know what the hell happened but I can't make work my copy of Dck, also I tried in some sites and the links didn't work.

Will you be able to have one level with ZDoom, Skulltag, EDGE and Legacy features in it?

Will you be able to have one level with ZDoom, Skulltag, EDGE and Legacy features in it?

humm.....
i'm not enought experienced for that, but this is interesting. Good idea

Guest DF2k

hurry up, please...
we're all depending on you :)

my mistake... I forgot that the Doom sourcecode was released without a GPL, unlike QuakeI and II. Still, releasing your sourcecode to the public is usually a good thing for the community.

Guest NunoC

Kat: Quake E1M2! Heh! Geddit? Haha. Ha. Ahem.

Anyway, if this cuts through, it's gonna be teh 1337, with EDGE 3D floors and ZDoom slopes :)

Yeah...A port capable of true 3d slopes would be great. A port capable of all that WIHTOUT scripting would be even better. Christ, if legacy can make true 3d floors by just tagging, I'm sure it's possible to make a slope that doesn't require scripts and all that other shit.