Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ZDoom 1.23b33

A new ZDoom 1.23 beta has been released. This beta fixes the reported bugs from the b29-b32 period, which came in rapid succession over the course of a few weeks. There are binaries for win32 and Linux, as well as source code in zip and tar.bz2 formats.

It gets closer and closer now, aye?

Now as soon as the ZDoom forumgoers sign off on this latest beta (preliminary reports are good) we should be in sight of 1.23 ...

Maybe not, but this one seems really stable so far, with only a couple of really minor issues. We could well be nearing the end of the 1.23 beta series. <font size=1><samp>does that make me an optomist?</samp></font>

BTW, the only part of the Zdoom site that seems to be working for me ATM is the forum.

forgot to address my comment to Quasar, and with Arioch popping in there my comment kind of doesn't make sense.

I'm a bit behind on the news...wasn't beta30 supposed to be the last beta said Randy? No rush, quality takes time...wonder if we'll see a new zdoomGL to follow in the months thereafter..?

It's done with line specials. Both regular DOOM format and HEXEN format can do slopes.

The latest ZDOOM also added a few more ways to do slopes with "things". Looks simple, just haven't had time to play with it.

There are various levels with slopes - don't recall atm. I've added a few slopes to XTHEATER just for the hell of it and you can see simple slopes there in a few days (www.sbsoftware.com)

The neatest addition to ZDOOM is support for tall textures, texture scaling and making tiling "line free" in almost all cases.

XTHEATER is a demo showing "how to do" TALL textures with ZDOOM, I'm also adding a few large patches and scaling them different ways to match an area. IOW, not only do you get better looking textures, but you can reuse the same BIG patch and resize it to fit the occasion.

"I'm a bit behind on the news...wasn't beta30 supposed to be the last beta said Randy?"

Yeah, but don't worry about it. There have been quite a few "final" betas. There have always been problems, or as Randy puts it "feature creep". Things are looking quite likely this time though.

"didn't see any slopes in there..."

"I've added a few slopes to XTHEATER just for the hell of it and you can see simple slopes there in a few days"

A demo wad that shows the new, more customisable slopes:

http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/examples/slopes2.zip

My (very) old doom levels updated for Zdoom, some of which have slopes.

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/njzd2001.zip

I made it sound like feature creep was a problem. It was meant to be that they are 2 seperate issues. - problems (read bugs) and new features to be tested (feature creep).

Thanks, I downloaded them both and I'm going to check them out now.

Yay, so much new stuff released today (HL Mods, StarCraft patch, etc.). Keep up the good work, Randy :)

Thanks. Most of the levels are really old, some dating back to 94. Map20 is based on the first map I ever did.

I know it doesn't stand up to comparison with more modern stuff like AV, but if you're looking for 32 levels of reasonable fun, well, I still like it.