Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

In The City

This map has some really nice lighting to it! I tried it out with ZDoom beta 33.

This wad file contains a duplicate of TEXTURE1 and PNAMES, wasting about 24K. If the author had DeePSea or XWE, this should be simple to fix. Nice map, though.

oh n0! he wasted 24k of _your_ computer's disk space, call the police and microsoft help desk!!1

(</sarcasm>)

Wintex added those for some reason. I thought they needed to be there so I left them. This is the first wad I've made with added graphics and sound, so I'm still quite new to Wintex.

I didn't know people analyzed wads down to the the entries though, heh. Thanks for the suggestion.

For the past year I have been developing a new Wad Editing utility, called XWE. It does almost everthing WinTex does, but in a lot of areas it's even better. It's small, stable and free. If you want to give it a try you can download it here:

http://doomworld.com/xwe

Csabo, how did you resolve the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES issue? Do you remember I brought it up a couple of months ago -- in XWE if you inserted a new patch and used it to modify an existing texture the modified texture would not show up unless the DooM2 TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps were also copied into the wad. If the patch replaces an existing patch (i.e., same name) then those extra lumps are not needed.

You are right; those lumps are not needed if you just replace a patch. So where did those not show up? I'm sorry I can't recall this problem, so it's probably still unresolved. Why don't you email me (or open a topic on the editing forum) so we can get to the bottom of it, and I will fix it for the next release.

So, I've never used XWE because it seems too good to be true. Can it really extract resources from all those games? Like, to a usable format?

Please change it soon so I can import transparent flats! I've been trying to find out if you can use transparent flats on Legacy 3D floors in openGL. That and you know that sooner or later there going to make partly transparent flats happen. Hopefully soon. :)

Yes it can. Different games have different levels of support. Most are well supported for the really interesting and useful stuff, and wherever possible output is in normal, familiar formats.

But don't take my word for it, do like the man says and go download a copy.

Shouldn't you be imbibing a cold one right about now? Friday night and all that sort of thing.

I tried to download XWE, but for some reason the links of 3d Downloads don't work on my
computer. I'would really like to give it a try.
I hope not to disturb you, but if you are not to busy, can you send me a copy via e-mail? Oh please!

Does someone know of a link that actually work to download Deth?

PS: That is a great level...

"I tried to download XWE, but for some reason the links of 3d Downloads don't work on my computer."

Heh, they don't work on ANYBODY'S computer.