Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Just Because

Jussi Pakkanen has released his first public beta of a new level editor entitled Why. According to Jussi, Why has the following properties:

<font color="106B94">
  • Runs on Linux (Windows version is planned)
  • Requires GTK
  • Has a full integrated Python interpreter, this means that you can write powerful level manipulation scripts easily </font>
Since this is an early beta, expect lots of bugs. Also, be a friend and try out the editor, reporting glitches to the author.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

What is Python and what does it have to do with scripting? "Level manipulation scripts" -- does that mean manipulating the level in-play or while editing?

Guest Rick Clark

What is Python and what does it have to do with scripting?

Python is a platform independent programming language that allows the creation of "plug-ins". So I assume you could write your own plug-in for the editor to automate tasks. Good idea I think.

Guest omega

i just wanted to post this somewhere that it would be seen, instead of at older threads. somebody from here came to our channel asking about "w@velength", and he really has nothing to do with wavelength at all. so whatever he's happened to say, ignore it, and flame him for being the lamer that he is. impersonation is not cool, neither is being a bullshitter.

Guest Bulk

I am the real owner of wavelength, accept no imatations.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Bulk and omega are referring to w@velength's use of the Wavelength editing resource on Planet Half-Life as his homepage URL. Note it wasn't entered correctly. ^_^

Guest DoomFan

A new level-editor! Hope it will finally be one which is easy to use (sorry, just can't work with the other ones). Regretfully I can't check it out 'cause I'm not using Linux :-(

Don't worry; you guys have me working on him. He WILL not be around much longer and I guarantee that! Best regards