Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

POTD

Guest Captain Napalm

heh
That´s a neat diorama.
I bet it was a lot of working printing out the gfx, cutting them and sticking them in there tho.

Guest wondersmith

Yup, with a bit of printing, scissors, and glue, he's accomplished the holy grail of computer graphics displays: 3-D without glasses. Now he just needs to add some little motors to make everything move like in the game. Patent pending! :-)

Guest NunoC

Pure genius, and this time I'm not kidding!

Guest Virgil_

It really DOES look like you could just jump into the monitor.. Niice. I wish I COULD jump in =)

Virgil

Hmm.

That, in some ways, is truly daft.

On the other hand, fair play to the bloke for doing it well! It's not like I could do better than that - my carpentry is pretty bad. (Mind you, the last time I made a wooden box it was bloody hard to take the top/bottom off if the bottom/top was on... that was, until I dropped it from nearly head-height and it split into 4 pieces - again, not actually that bad, considering I'd made it out of five bits of wood and a bit of perspex ;) but the top and the bottom never fitted quite as tightly again. Ah, the lost joys of my youth. :)

Guest fly

how long did it take you to make that?

For those who don't understand, this is an old monitor with the tube removed and an erector set of Map30 (made out of cardboard) placed inside.

Guest Ike654

Nice pictures on the wal...oh! There's a monitor with a cool diorama in it! Sweet. Where'd you get the idea, though?