Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

A Warm Center

Guest UAC PR Dept.

You have to kill Lord Cyberdemon first. He's behind the door that, when an attempt is made to open it, prints "Lord Cyberdemon." There's a bit you have to do first before that door will open. I won't ruin it for you.

The deal with the room with zombies being smashed is... uh... it's a Room of Death. Notice that there is a marine in one of the enclosed blood pools. Hint: He isn't dead.

Guest Damon

Great, thanks, we'll see.

Guest Damon

"So I said to myself, 'What would God do?' It's all in the Bible, son; it's the Prankster's Bible..."

Guest Damon

Okay, now how do I kill the Cyberdemon?! I don't have the BFG or anything! Cheap!

Anyone ever kill a Mancubus with a chainsaw? I did once. I ran out of ammo, and had to kill three of em with a chainsaw. You'd think it would be easy to do, but it seems that the chainsaw only works on their asses... and... and... the HORROR! THE UNMENTIONABLE HORROR OF THEIR BUTTS!

*yells like a girl and runs through a brick wall*

Guest Damon

I don't have the SSG. Where the hell is the SSG?

Guest Ultimate DooMer

you can use the super shotgun (if there is one) to kill ANY monster including the big two (it's the most versatile weapon in the game, I've killed cybers and big spiders with it before). Just circle strafe him firing the ssg all the time, or keep going from cover to cover and firing one shot at a time. (if there is any cover, cos i'm talking in general here. The file is too big for my network drive)

Guest Ultimate DooMer

I've berserked a mancubus before, but never with a chainsaw...never seen a level where you have to do that

Guest Ultimate DooMer

oops, wrong person....should have been Damon

Funny...I found one...try looking down to find a ledge with one on it in the ice-room. As the review says, it is meant to use pretty much ALL the features of ZDoom.

Guest Damon

1. I didn't say I couldn't kill a Cyber with an SSG- I said there is no SSG. What Ice Room? And what is with all this talk of killing mancubii with chainsaws? Good for you, any one can do that, I never brought it up. Yeesh!

There IS a SSG in the stage, remember when you talk to a marine and you see the first three dead, the third as a SSG right next to him. It is in the room right before you go in the water in a big room with the waterfalls.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

The best way (IMO) to kill Lord Cyberdemon is to just get behind one of the pillars that is just high enough to keep you from being shot. What I did was just jump and fire, then wait for the rockets to stop exploding. If I ever took a hit doing that, it's because I did something stupid, like falling out of my chair.

I killed him by standing in front of his podium<sp?> and turned on autoaim. He didn't hit me once, and I hit him every time. :) Had to skurry to the ammo once, though. :D Then I turned autoaim off and went on my merry way... with his stuff. ;)

Guest Damon

Yeah, I killed Cyber with the SSG, but now I have the Level 5 Access but I can't use it because I already tried the Level 5 door and it is dead and stuck, the computer terminal is out but unusable(because i wasn't killed because of the glitch when I tried it earlier). So I have to start all over. grand. these are some stupid bugs. next time spend the 10 minutes necessary and release it compatible with the latest version of zdoom. Creep.

next time spend the 10 minutes necessary and release it compatible with the latest version of zdoom. Creep.

Oh boo-hoo for you. Luckily for me, I keep the zips to EVERY beta I've downloaded since I started using ZDoom :P

Guest Damon

None of the other zdooms work for me because of another lazy designer, just like you! (kidding) But seriously- we all have level 5 access but we can't use that door because it is broken because of the glitch that didn;t kill us when it should have. greeeeaaaat.

Guest Ultimate DooMer

Well, the only thing I can suggest is don't use many shells anywhere else....kill lesser monsters with lesser weapons etc. etc.

Guest Nash

Anyone figure out how to get the BFG? I finished the whole thing without getting it. Meltdown is VERY HARD jeez I think I loaded the game on that map like a hundred times. But it was an awesome experience.

And I'd just like to say that this wad is a MASTERPIECE. EXCELLENT usage of scripting. Kudos to Richo for a kick-ass job.

For the dudes with the level 5 access and they can't open the door because they tried to open the door before; consider this - you were given a warning that you were NOT supposed to attempt to open it, and any attempts mean you die. Not being able to open it is as good as death.

As for fixing it, all Richo needs to do is change DamageThing(0); to DamageThing(9999); or something. I hope he fixes that for future downloaders.

All in all, the huge download was damn worth it.

For the dudes with the level 5 access and they can't open the door because they tried to open the door before; consider this - you were given a warning that you were NOT supposed to attempt to open it, and any attempts mean you die. Not being able to open it is as good as death.

First of all, I have no idea what "door" everyone is talking about. Does it have something to do with the switch that surrounds the teleporter? That's what it sounds like to me. Gah....why did I even ask if I already knew the answer? :)

Guest Nash

THAT teleporter thing you mention only opens once you've been through the waterfall area (pick up the super shotgun along the way), pressed that computer switch in that room with the imps and the mancubus, and finally get the blue keycard in the room where you saw the imps circle around the slab through the window. The barrier surrounding the teleporter will be gone.

As for the door I was talking about, it's that blood-smeared door with the computer scanner to the right. There's only one blook.d-smeared door in the whole wad I thin

Damon:
Okay, please don't call me a creep because it hurts my feelings. Let me say this one more time: I'm sorry for the problem with the not dying, but WHEN I SENT THIS TO DOOMCENTER FOR REVIEW 1.28B WAS *THE LATEST BETA*. And because Bigdog was busy, he wasn't able to upload it for a month or so. So I did make it compatible with the latest beta, but the latest beta changed before the release.

Also, there are a couple of other strange things here. In the reactor core lava pit, you can see semi-invisible red bars for some reason. And in the vent switch room also, there is a strange semi-visible wall around the blood pool. Lastly, when you try to grab the "fake" plasma rifle, beta 33 "grunts," and aslo you can hear the "broken lift" radio operator's voice before you get to it in beta 33, though it was originally designed so that you couldn't (because of the rising and falling pipes.)

As far as the damage_thing problems go - I could fix those now that I know, but I never thought this level would be liked much by anyone - much less a topic of discussion here.

Nash:
Masterpiece - you make be blush. As far as the BFG - it's there, but you can only get it your second time through. Those arachnotrons might have something to say about that, though. :p Anyway, every weapon is offered to the player once, but ONLY once, so you have to be careful or you'll miss the SSG. To balance that I made sure the camera showed you the SSG before you leave the stage.