Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

A Warm Center

Guest Damon

And with a glitch that grand, he wouldn't make any money selling it.

Guest Damon

By the way, where can I get the e1m8-remix? (the song from the first level)

Guest Damon

where the hell is e1m8.lmp

As for the door I was talking about, it's that blood-smeared door with the computer scanner to the right.

Where's that at?

What a fucking dissapointment! I played through that whole goddammnn thing only to be forced to re-play it? All because I didn't play on UV?!?! ARGH!!!!

Crendowing :
The door is right behind the force field. This is where you don't want to try and open it without the level 5 key because of the beta 33 glitch.

Damon:
Open awpm.wad with wintex. There is a lump in that wad called e1m8. Use 'edit'>'save entries to file', to extract this. Then change the extension or use 'open with' to play it in your mp3 playing program. I think I'll go ahead and upload just the mp3 itself to jehovahgyra.com.

Disappointment? Doesn’t anyone remember older video games? “We present you with another quest”? And didn’t Bigdog mention that in his review as well? Anyway, I like the idea of 2 different endings. I actually think the nonUV ending is funnier myself too. On the other hand, A Warm Place UV without cheating is hard for most people, and near impossible for me without saving.

I think both are pretty funny. In fact I think most of what happened in the mod was kinda campy and quirky. Me so sorry. Hm... Maybe I'll find time for a sequal and make it very serious. Ah, I just had a good idea...

Well, I just had a lot of real life problems pop up, so I don't know how long it'll be. Maybe I'll make a shorter something or other.

Gah...what do I need to do to lower the field? I get the level 5 card...still no luck. If the switch to lo somewhere in the Level 4 base, how do you get the gravity to return to normal?

Gah, I'm confused....

BTW, I use beta28a now.

Guest limzm

Hey JehovahGyra, can you tell Richo Rosai to make A Warm Place 2 level???? A Warm Place is kinda fun, but the Meltdown time, it just too scary. A Warm Place is juz too little map(altogether 6 maps)(5 playing maps)...

limzm:
Um, yeah. I can tell that guy I guess. He lives kinda, inside my head so it shouldn’t be too hard to get the message out. But don’t plan on it being any bigger. A Warm Place was my first map, and it took me a long time. I doubt I can do better or bigger right at the moment.

Crendowing:
In the gravity room, after the gravity changes just check the doors.

limzm:
Um, yeah. I can tell that guy I guess. He lives kinda, inside my head so it shouldn’t be too hard to get the message out. But don’t plan on it being any bigger. A Warm Place was my first map, and it took me a long time. I doubt I can do better or bigger right at the moment.

Crendowing:
In the gravity room, after the gravity changes just check the doors.

Guest Damon

I clip through the door but there is nothing there. how gay.

Okay, Randy has stated that the damage thing (0) glitch [i[/i]<font size=1><samp>/i] a glitch and that it has been fixed in his working copy of ZDoom. So I am not going to update the scripts. However, I’m going to update the level in a few places. There are even some HOMs that I never noticed. Did anyone who played AWP notice any major errors that should be fixed? I’d be very grateful to hear of any. And for those who think that the level is confusing, I’m going to include a demo of myself playing the level. I’m also going to include the mysteriously missing text file.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Anti-cheater device: Teleport_newmap. Hahahahaha... So you have to actually open the door and get the script to teleport you to get anywhere.

Thanks Rich. This was my first experience with FPS mapping, and I'm glad to have feedback.

Actually, the wad was broken there because there were WAY too many slime trails with the entire pre-Reactor Core all in one map. That's why you see so many pieces of the level stuck into a separate Map02. But you're right, it is very hard to trigger that linedef without opening the door. Neat anti-cheating device.

Guest Virgil_

Well.. uhmm.. Let's see... The scripts I'll comment on first. One word: el33t!! I've never seen such a huge and enchanting set of scripts. They make the storyline of this wad the best I have EVER seen (and I've seen over two hundred storylines). That showdown with a boss that showers you with all sorts of projectiles with the E1M1 heavy-metal remix mp3 blew my already delusional mind out of this universe. It's now floating around somewhere in the macroverse. :) Anyway, the gameplay is really something, too. Never a dull moment and lots of monsters ambushes, combined with realistic scripts ("it is as if it's trying to stall me" *and then the archvile, walking up to the door, etc, etc.*) I think the architecture, too, even though bare in certain places, is highly aesthetic. I saw several square hallways with nothing in them, but only a few. I think the colored lighting was a nice touch. Hey, you're making another wad like this, right? ... RIGHT?! :)

Virgil

Guest Nash

More ZDoom wads like these need to be produced in the masses... hey ZDoomers, where the hell are you ;D

Guest Damon

Yes, I know that. It's an editing trick, you'll understand when you're older.