Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkSorcerer

How can i hack Doom 64 ? (Like a pro)

Hello, I have visited this forum since a couple of years, but today i register.
Im a chilean guy, so, my english is not good, but, im going to write in english.

Good, straight to the point, I have visited many, many sites about Doom and hacking, but, i never found some important information and i don't know how and where to start.

My only skills are:

Programming Languages: Java(Medium), C/C++(Basic), Assembly(Low)(Intel 8086)

Tools: Cheat Engine 6.4

Can anybody help me please ? I'm not asking anyone to teach me, just i want to get information or tutorials to learn it and be better , my dream is to hack memory of Doom 64 like a pro

Bye

DarkSorcerer said:

Im a chilean guy, so, my english is not good, but, im going to write in english.

Good, straight to the point, I have visited many, many sites about Doom and hacking, but, i never found some important information and i don't know how and where to start.

My only skills are:

Can anybody help me please ? I'm not asking anyone to teach me, just i want to get information or tutorials to learn it, my dream is to hack memory of Doom 64

Bye

Requirements:

• A Nintendo 64
  • An expansion pack**.
  • A GameShark, version 3.3 (must have a WORKING parallel port, if you do not have a working 7 segment display in the front then your Gameshark is useless for using a computer interface).
  • A Doom 64 cartridge, an alternative if you have a ROM dump is that you can use a 64Drive in USB mode (since Doom 64 uses a 6102 CIC).
The Nintendo 64 and thus Doom 64, uses a standard MIPS III 64-bit CPU. So you will have to know MIPS assembly if you want to perform any assembly hacks. You also would need to know about big endian byte order so that you are not confused about actual values. MIPS is a very simple RISC and you should not have much difficulty learning it at all, it is far simpler than x86 by a very long shot. Just remember about branch delay slots.

** An expansion pack can be skipped if you have access to a Windows 98 system and a parallel cable attached to the back of a gameshark into your Windows 98 system. You then use the interface that is available to read/write memory. Note that it is a bit glitchy. Note that you must use an actual parallel port and not a USB adapter (since those are printers only and the parallel connection uses nibble mode).

You can skip the Windows 98 and use the debugger provided by the GameShark (requires the expansion pack), however it is a bit cumbersome to use. Also if you do use the built-in memory viewer, avoid doing searches because that usually locks up the system.

It's a lot more likely he'd be using a ROM and an emulator. I know Project64 has a cheat menu.

DarkSorcerer said:

My only skills are:

Can anybody help me please ? I'm not asking anyone to teach me, just i want to get information or tutorials to learn it, my dream is to hack memory of Doom 64

Bye

Hola, bienvenido a doomworld. Si quieres hackear/Modear doom 64. debes usar un gameshark. como ghostly dijo. Pero entonces, te recomiendo que hagas lo que ghostly dice. Buena suerte! Bienvenido.