Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prologue-9

Preferred source port for multiplayer?

So, what source port do you use for multiplayer, and why? For me, I prefer ZDaemon for how easy it is to just set up a server and play with your friends, old-fashioned.

Zandronum, because it supports and hosts ZDoomWars. I almost never play ZDoomWars anymore, though.

Odamex has just slightly above 0 players, in Zandronum almost noone plays classic Doom, so ZDaemon is the obvious choice for me.

Memfis said:

Odamex has just slightly above 0 players, in Zandronum almost noone plays classic Doom, so ZDaemon is the obvious choice for me.

There's still plenty of "oldschool" PvP but I feel like you're talking about coop or survival here and yeah that's pretty rare compared to the million complex doom servers.

I like Zandronum just because it supports most of my fav mods, but because no one is playing them online, i use ZDaemon instead to play some duels, and sometimes on LA Worlds servers.

Really? Duel is one of the easier modes to get a game going on, although maybe not at your local time of day for some reason?

Marcaek said:

Pretty rare compared to the million complex doom servers.

Yep, that's another reason to hate Complex Doom, it steals players from other mods, not to mention it's boring, i'm proud i'll never touch that thing again.

Marcaek said:

Really? Duel is one of the easier modes to get a game going on, although maybe not at your local time of day for some reason?

GMT +1 ...