Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Suggestion

Since you didn't put up a suggestions forum, I'll put this here.

On my usual example forum site, http://baseballboards.com , whenever you post a reply to a topic, that topic goes up to the top of the list. This is really useful if you want to bring up a topic that's a few months old, covered with dust, and in the middle of nowhere. It's a lot easier to see which topics have been recently replied to, also.

Since this isn't UBB, I don't know if this is possible to impliment. If it is, I think it should be this way. I know, I thought this method was confusing the first time I saw it, after being used to the DoomNation forum, but after a few months of experience with an UBB-type board, this is definitely the best way. (img)

uhh... no. Nobody wants the messages to get re-sorted everytime they refresh the forums. Just keep it by date. It says when there are new messages anyways.

Guest Daggah

Actually, I agree with AndrewB. I frequent a UBB-style board (GT Interactive's Unreal Tournament forum) and it's better that way IMHO.

Also, don't show user IPs...the only real people who need those IP addresses are the moderators.

How about enabling html? I never saw anyone abuse it at the DN forums and only few people even used it.

Who needs HTML? This is a discussion forum, not an art gallery. Although maybe it would be a good idea if we wanted to post DOOM screenshots. Just as long as any sick stuff is toasted. :-b

I agree with Andrew here. This is done on the Counter-Strike forums and well, and it's quite useful. This board will get a lot less traffic, so it's not nearly as crucial, but it'd be nice nonetheless.

Guest Daggah
Gokuma said:

How about enabling html? I never saw anyone abuse it at the DN forums and only few people even used it.

Enabling HTML is a security risk. Trust me, I've seen it truly screw up a forum. Boardmaster tags are enough.