Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epiphany

Doom PC speaker sounds

Guest Epiphany

Does anybody else get a kick out of playing Doom with the Pc speaker sounds? Is it just me? Perhaps it is because my first Doom experiance was playing through Doom on my 386 with nothing but the PC speaker for sound effects. That was before I bought my six hundred dollar sound blaster 16 sound card (which slowed the game down too much for digital sounds anyway.)

For me nothing enhances the Doom experiance more than those wonderful bleep, bleep, wahwah, bush, dittly-dill-duh!
Doom on!

Epiphany

Oh, yeah.. I played that once on my brother's old Unix. I loved the sounds, but I've never heard them since. If I knew a way to play with the PC sounds, I probably would.. But gee!! $600 for a SB16?! Woah, I had no idea they ever were that expensive! My SBLive only cost $150.. That's about $100 US. Woah.. :o

Guest Templar

hehe love the speaker sound when you gib something

Guest cocoon

I remember I played Wolf3d with pcspeaker, but when I turned to doom I just turned sounds off. Couldn't stand all those voices thru my pc speaker

Guest Epiphany
AndrewB said:

Oh, yeah.. I played that once on my brother's old Unix. I loved the sounds, but I've never heard them since. If I knew a way to play with the PC sounds, I probably would.. But gee!! $600 for a SB16?! Woah, I had no idea they ever were that expensive! My SBLive only cost $150.. That's about $100 US. Woah.. :o

Selecting 'pcspeaker' under the sound effects device in the setup program is the only way to go (it almost makes doom feel dated :)

I suppose i should have noted that my old sb16 card cost 600 dollars australian - still allot though

Doom on!

Epiphany

AndrewB said:

If I knew a way to play with the PC sounds, I probably would..

*sigh*
Run setup and change sound card to PC speaker.

Epiphany said:

Selecting 'pcspeaker' under the sound effects device in the setup program is the only way to go (it almost makes doom feel dated :)

I suppose i should have noted that my old sb16 card cost 600 dollars australian - still allot though

Doom on!

Epiphany

What's the conversion rate?