Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

E3

Anyone have any questions about any games at E3? If I saw it I'll give some impressions.

:D Wolf3D!! Wolfenstien 3D!!! Does it have the classic feel? Are the play controls simple? Is it Wolf3D-style 2D, with elevators to the next level, and side-sliding doors?

Umm, no, it most certainly is not Wolf3D-style 2D... that would defeat the whole purpose of using the Quake 3 engine. From what I saw, however, the gameplay was very simple; you just run around and shoot stuff. However, they're throwing in lots of little items you can find and do stuff with... whereas in Wolf3D you could find treasure which would add to your "score," in Return to Castle Wolfenstein you can find weird items which will act as keys or give you more health or ammo or something. The enemies are also a lot smarter than the one in Wolf3D :) However, it does look like a lot of fun, and the controls are as simple as they get... run, strafe, shoot, use. There might be an alt fire key, I'm not sure. Go over to Telefragged to read everything I had to say.

Guest Templar
AndrewB said:

:D Wolf3D!! Wolfenstien 3D!!! Does it have the classic feel? Are the play controls simple? Is it Wolf3D-style 2D, with elevators to the next level, and side-sliding doors?

Heh heh
I had a game of the old wolf' and damn its fun.
try it.

A less popular game, but I heard it would be there. Did you see a game called "Stars! Supernova"?

Linguica said:

Umm, no, it most certainly is not Wolf3D-style 2D... that would defeat the whole purpose of using the Quake 3 engine. From what I saw, however, the gameplay was very simple; you just run around and shoot stuff. However, they're throwing in lots of little items you can find and do stuff with... whereas in Wolf3D you could find treasure which would add to your "score," in Return to Castle Wolfenstein you can find weird items which will act as keys or give you more health or ammo or something. The enemies are also a lot smarter than the one in Wolf3D :) However, it does look like a lot of fun, and the controls are as simple as they get... run, strafe, shoot, use. There might be an alt fire key, I'm not sure. Go over to Telefragged to read everything I had to say.

Oh boy, time to upgrade from my p166...

How were the booth babes this year? Oh wait, you said "games". Well, I wouldn't mind playing with some of those chicks myself..

Linguica said:

No jumping or crouching? Weird...

prower said:

How were the booth babes this year? Oh wait, you said "games". Well, I wouldn't mind playing with some of those chicks myself..

The booth babes were pretty good but there weren't as many as I was expecting. It seemed like half of them let after the first day, too. The best ones were in the have-to-be-21 GodGames lot outside E3, where there were some lesbo chicks going at it up on the bigscreen (games? what games?).

Linguica said:

Well yes there's jumping and crouching too...

Really? Darn it.. And I was all excited there for nothing.. :-b

Hyena said:

A less popular game, but I heard it would be there. Did you see a game called "Stars! Supernova"?

Stars, I've heard of that game, in fact that face you use is a spaceship in that game....see how I know these things...GODAMN I rule!

Linguica said:

Anyone have any questions about any games at E3? If I saw it I'll give some impressions.

Did you see Third Law's KISS Psycho Circus: The Demonchild? I would normally ignore such a game but they have Sverre Kvernmo on the team.. The graphics also looks very nice considering it's using a first generation LithTech engine... (Blood II and Shogo: MAD weren't that impressive IMO).

Unfortunately KISS: Psycho Circus was in the GOD Games lot and since I'm not 21 I couldn't see it. However, I saw the Dreamcast version which looks kind of blah, but of course that's the Dreamcast version.

GavinJCD said:

GODAMN I rule!

Why? Because you can recognize a spaceship?

Anyone can do that.

Anyway, I was talking about the sequel to Stars!
"Stars! Supernova"
And there's an exclamation mark.