Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daggah

Okay, I know we're all sick of Fiffy...but...

Guest Daggah

Anyone here like his levels? Seriously. Be honest, I won't ridicule you for liking them. :)

I like some of them. Sudden Death may not look all that great in most places but I thought it was fun to play. I thought LOC
looked good, but gameplay was a problem because of slowdown due to gratuitious use of too many 2 sided lines. Same with FUCT and all the rest of the levels he made for BOOM. Most of his levels are average at worst in my opinion. People trash his levels mainly because they don't like him personally, which I think is a shame. If he got more positive feedback coupled with *constructive* critisism he would improve greatly.

I think that FUCT and LoC were actually decent levels. Some scenes looked really cool and some were just so plain next to the rest of the level. They are a few of the levels I actually enjoy just because they capture the mood of level-design at it existed back in '96-'97, when I had the most fun just having fun playing instead of getting upset over misaligned textures and that crap. I did not like Sudden Death, let that be said. However the other ones I have always had fun with. I think FUCT and LoC were a good step forward (or backward, depending how you look at it) in particular areas of design nowadays. I appreciate the fact that my computer gets put to use with some of the X-Treme detail stuff. I also think that some of it is poorly done: when the floor textures don't match the ceiling textures on the arches and slants it looks like grain instead of a real curve. But I think the concept is a good idea and does work most of the time. The latest batch of levels for Boom seems like they didn't undergo any fine-tuning before their release. I am not familiar with too many of the previous levels but I remember they did stick out in my memory after I had played every level on D!Zone.

Though I can do without his attitude, I will say that he works a hell of a lot on his levels. It takes a lot of work and devotion to put those out. And yes I think his work is trashed simply because of the personality he has. Thats a shame.

Guest timpani
AndrewB said:

They're not bad.. They're not all that good, either.. :-b

Oh well, I'm pleased that Dagger just forgot all about me after he lost his temper at me over ICQ in Januarary 1999 because I disagree with the top 10 level designers of all time on his web page (with the 5 years of Doom buisness). It was kind of a swearing fight. Now he will be good to me as he is good to everyone else in the Doom making heaven. So he will probably say, my levels are better than yours, YOURS SUCK!, Oh well. 2 out of 10 people will think the other way around.

From Paul's fairy lord mate
"Dennis Rodman" 70

Guest Daggah

Uh, dude, you didn't just disagree with me...

You fucking told me who to vote for, you prick.

Email guys. Deal with this over email. Nobody fucking cares.....

Guest pix
stphrz said:

Email guys. Deal with this over email. Nobody fucking cares.....

Lol, I still remember than Dag ;-)

REoL's maps are ok, but I hate his d*mn attitude. I've had a little...fight with him before lol, I'd say it was fun watching a fool speak. And when you play his maps, you can't just point at something and go "haha! newbie like!" but if you just remind yourself of his personality then look at the maps, you get a good laugh ;-)