Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jon

NEW DOOM!!!!!!111

WOW dudes a new doom! THOUSANDS of people will be flooding to doomworld and they'll ALL want to know what a frad is!

I'm glad to see a new DooM game, but do you really want to turn DW (and the other pages) to a new-engine game site? I guess many people (me included) would not be happy with this.

A lot of people wouldnt be happy I know. But its big money so its inevitable.

Btw what would you guys like to see in this new doom?

boris said:

I'm glad to see a new DooM game, but do you really want to turn DW (and the other pages) to a new-engine game site? I guess many people (me included) would not be happy with this.

If you think that Doomworld will not cover the new Doom game then you, sir, are a retard. Heh...

I will attempt to cover old-school Doom as much as possible, though, but I can't promise that I won't push it to the side. I will try not to in any case.

Guest Kermit
Teppic said:

1. Familiar Faces-DooM wouldn't be the same w/o the old monsters, even if altered or offshoots of. At least include some.
2. The Suit: Again, keep it real - keep the helmet, or an altered version of the suit. No cyborgs please.
3. The Weapons. Replace the word "monsters" with "weapons" in 1.
4. Satan. I want to kill DEMONS. I want to be bombarded with evil, dark, depraved scenery while I'm killing these demons. I don't want to be on the starship Algo or something killing robots and alien slugs.
So, what do you guys think should NOT be in NewDooM?

Guest c-d-w
Linguica said:

If you think that Doomworld will not cover the new Doom game then you, sir, are a retard. Heh...

I will attempt to cover old-school Doom as much as possible, though, but I can't promise that I won't push it to the side. I will try not to in any case.

I'm all for that, Ling, but please don't turn Doomworld into one of those crappy Planet***.com's that completely fuck over a new game before it's released - I don't know about other people, but I don't WANT to know everything about this new doom before I play it (i.e. what weapons, enemies, episodes, etc..) Know what I mean?

boris said:

My arse left the chair when I saw the poll let me tell you. However what will now become of the doom community, it will certainly not continue to function as it is now and will probably be filled with a load of quake lamers.
Still I think this is a GREAT day.

Kermit said:

1. Familiar Faces-DooM wouldn't be the same w/o the old monsters, even if altered or offshoots of. At least include some.
2. The Suit: Again, keep it real - keep the helmet, or an altered version of the suit. No cyborgs please.
4. Satan. I want to kill DEMONS. I want to be bombarded with evil, dark, depraved scenery while I'm killing these demons. I don't want to be on the starship Algo or something killing robots and alien slugs.

I agree with all of that :)

Kermit said:

Well if they at least keep the pink munchers I'll be somewhat happy :)

Teppic said:

I will be happy if it has, in this order:

- absolutely BUCKETLOADS of enemies on screen at once, the more the better. If they could be pinkies, impies, cacos etc. that would make my day :)
- have the DOOM2 SSG unmodified
- have maps that are huge in scale, with architecture that doesn't look like anything we know (no castles & spaceships PLEASE).

Guest Nails
Kermit said:

I'm a little frightened about the new DOOM...with all the 3d capability and speedy computers out today, I just know Id is going to screw with the original atmosphere that made DOOM so much fun. I played Quake2 through once. I think I'd need all my fingers and toes to count how many times I played DOOM and DOOMII through. Please Id, make it like the original!!!

Kermit said:

no cyborgs, no traces of quake, quake 2 or any other game! (except doom of course) i don't want to be like hmm... this is kinda like half-life - that would just kill the ever awesome mood of doom! keep the *alone in unknown place* aspect that made doom. No incoming messages: "destroy the reactor at quadrant blah, blah" - this is an easy way to ruin doom. hell: no sign of human design - doom was definately not built by humans, 'cept episode 1. - again - no human type castles or stuff known to humans. As much as I'd love to have the shaved gorilla and the spine chilling roar of le Baron back, mixing old monsters with new ones just isn't gonna work - they've been around for way too, way too, way too loooooooooooooooooong. Keep gameplay simple - the atmosphere of doom requires this and makes up for the lack of less redeeming qualities of complex, deep/rich gameplay - that just aren't doom. I now turn to the scriptures: "And John said, 'doom isn't a cubersome adventure game, but an action-packed slugathon..." [or something like that] "...and doom shall stay the part until the end of time..."