Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ArcticFox

WHY IN BOB'S NAME ISN'T DOOM PUBLIC-DOMAIN!?

Guest ArcticFox

It doesn't bother me, because I already have them--but at the same time it does, because I wouldn't pay a dime to get 'em back if I lost them! (Okay, maybe a DIME.....)

Really, how much money is id making off those games anyway? Does anyone want Doom and not already have it? The real reason I want Doom to be public-domain, is so more projects can be made using its graphics, sounds, title, levels, etc. (say, that Q3A-to-Doom TC) without any lawsuits involved.

For that matter, what about Wolfenstein 3D and SOD?

Actually, DOOM is one of the few games worth paying for. Also, it's cheap. At GT entertainment you can get it for 10$ or so.

Guest Sethsez

There is a new Doom coming out. If the first Doom became public domain, it could cause some legal troubles later if anyone tried to put an Arch-Vile or something into his-her game.
Or, it could be to piss you off.

Yeah, it's a big web of legal procedures, and marketing strategies. It could cause problems if iD wanted to put some DOOM monsters, textures, et cetera into Doom 3. iD never ever ruled out the possibility of Doom 3, ever. I mean, why doesn't any game ever become public domain?? Because it has no benefit to the software company to do so, therefore it doesn't happen. Really, these companies don't think of the community. It's insignifigant to them. Just make the games, sell them, make their money, and that's that, you know! They've got their heads buried in the sand, and that's exactly how they want it. :-b

Lüt said:

Hey that reminds where, wherever did useless bob go?

Truly, where... maybe he's up there, building doom3 or something.
Or maybe he's with... with sam.

Sethsez said:

There is a new Doom coming out. If the first Doom became public domain, it could cause some legal troubles later if anyone tried to put an Arch-Vile or something into his-her game.
Or, it could be to piss you off.

Don't mock 42!