• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Custer

Q3Doom2Level

Guest Custer

Hi there,
first of all would i like to say that i am very suprised and proud that there still is a DOOM scene going on.
But, hey it is the best Game ever so its not that suprising...
But now to my Topic, two weeks ago, did i start to make a Doom-
Quake3 level- (i tryed to buil the first level of doom2
with Q3-Radiant). I am near the Finish the only thing that i now need are good Textures! I made some myself throuout Sreenshots,
but they look very ugly...does anyone of you know where i can get Doom-Textures???

Thanx for your time,
Mr. Popo

It is possible to extract the patches out of the registered or shareware version of the iwad. The main problem you face is, it is illegal to distribute those patches with your Q3 map. The only real solution is to require anyone who wants to use your map to own Doom2 as well. Even then you would have to incorportate some kind of set up program to extract the patches and put them in the right place so your map could use them. That kinda sounds like a real pain in the ass though. Maybe you could just use Q3 textures to make an updated version of Map01.

Stphrz, how many Doom2 levels use Quake and Quake2 monsters, weapons, and all that good stuff? I don't think he would have a problem with copyright issues. Though he is vilating it, I don't thiink id cares

You are probably right. In that case Custer one option is to download Wintex from http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/idgames/utils/graphics_edit/deutex/wintex43.zip and use it to extract the patches you need from the doom2 iwad for your map. Wintex extracts images in bmp format, so you will have to convert them to tga using paintshop pro or some similar graphics program :).

Guest Custer

Well, thank you guys,
i downloaded the prorgamm, and i am now trying to complete my
Map....

I hope that everyone of you are going to like it!!1

By,
Custer