Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Fragsalot

How long have YOU been playing Doom?

Well, I just started playing Doom again after five or six years... and I found this site. I'm now playing it every day again.

I wonder... when did other people start playing Doom. I think that I would beat everyone, since I did BETA TESTING for Doom. But I'm still curious... how long has everyone else been playing Doom?

Two years this July. Got on the internet and discovered Doomworld and Doomnation a little over a year ago. Not quite a newbie, but almost :)

Guest PsyClops

Too damn long. Heh. I started with a beta I found online, about 3 weeks before the shareware came out.
I bought the damn game when it came out, Doom2 and UD too, and I can't stop playing... Help meeeee

-PsyClops

When the damn shareware episode came out, my Dad got a hold of it and said "Dave, come and see this." and ever since i've never stopped (apart from the numerous crashes along the way and lost diskette's.)

Me? Since 1995, but I first got a web connection 10 months ago (and found the DOOM community shortly after). Anyway, I was a keyboarder till some month's ago (7 or 8?). When I changed it was almost as if I was playing for the 1st time (I had to do it, once I started watching demos from the web).

Guest zyvgjc

I first started playing DooM about 4 years ago on the Playstation. My first impression was that the graphics were outdated and the framerate was a bit jerky. But I stuck with the game and I got addicted with it pretty quicky. The gameplay and music was excellent. I couldn't get over how atmospheric the sound effects and music were, better than the PC version. And I have been playing DooM ever since.

Guest Kracov
Stphrz said:

Two years this July. Got on the internet and discovered Doomworld and Doomnation a little over a year ago. Not quite a newbie, but almost :)

I first played it on the Doom 1.8 shareware CD. I had a baaad computer at the time. win 3.1 and crap. i then played it on my dad's new computer... and i was scared as hell playing it. the higher the difficulty, the more i was scared and LOVED it!

Guest ragjunkie

im now 14 and have been playing doom constantly for six years (since i was eight) im sure that i speak for everybody when i say is changed my life!!

I'm 16 and I've been playing for 4 years. When I first got the shareware, I didn't have a sound card, but I loved the sounds from the pc speaker. Sometimes I still go back and change the sound back to pc speaker because it brings back warm gooey memories of zombies and demons being ripped apart by my shotgun.

1. PSX Doom in 1997 for about 2 months, then I had finished the both CDs.

2. As Bruce Lewis released his glDoom, but just a little bit, because most of the PWADs don't worked on it.

3. As glBoom was released, until now. I never had anything to do with the Doom scene before.

Guest Sethsez

I have been playing since Doom first appeared on shareware. However, although I have tons of Doom stuff, I never really became aware of the community until about a year ago.

Guest spacedog
geekmarine said:

I'm 16 and I've been playing for 4 years. When I first got the shareware, I didn't have a sound card, but I loved the sounds from the pc speaker. Sometimes I still go back and change the sound back to pc speaker because it brings back warm gooey memories of zombies and demons being ripped apart by my shotgun.

I started about three years ago, i went into town and bought "The depths of DooM Trilogy" for £19.99 which had ultimate doom, Doom II, doom95 and about a thousand or so extra wads. then a couple of weeks later i bought a cd with a buch more levels and a stack of editors and started building a level that looked exactly like my house......i've nearly finished it

Guest zyvgjc

I also bought The Depths of DooM Trilogy. This package also contained the Master Levels and Maximum DooM levels. The only bad thing about this software bundle was that it didn't include Final DooM. Fortunately, I was able to find Final DooM for sale at Radio Shack for $12 CAD. Now I have the complete set! :-)