Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke Nukem

How many more!?

Guest Duke Nukem

OKOKOK! Let me ask this. I have made multiple forums asking for people to help out Unidoom. I would tell you what the project is but then it wouldnt be a secret. Why is it none of you help or at least try to?! Is it because you are too lazy or just becasue you dont have any skill in the fields or because you dont care or just because you hate me?! Well, i bet you will all give a smartass answer to this thread so go right ahead. But if i truly touched you deeply in this thread (doubt it) then please contact me.

...what are you waiting for, Christmas ?

Yeah, really. Don't wait for any response, help, ideas and assistance. They all wanna only take, not give.

Too bad.

Guest Kracov

hey, i would be GLAD to help... i have many ideas. go to the doom3 forum, and look for me at "what doom3 should be" and some others that discuss my ideas and my artwork. its good stuff. plus ive made quake levels before.

man, people trying to make a TC are a dime a dozen. you wont even tell people what you're trying to do, and your nick is "duke nukem".

i hope this helps put things in perspective

Guest fod_vile

I think, and no disrespect duke, but you come accross in earlier posts as not knowing too much about how to do the TC, you seem to want others to do it, you may have a great idea, I don't know , but usually people start the TC and get a basis then ask for help in certain aspects they are not so good at, you come accross as "got an idea and want others to do it for you"?
good luck if you can get a team together tho, respect to you

Guest Duke Nukem

Actually Fod, through my posts I have already have 5 people not including myself helping on the TC. I still need more. And to tell you the truth i have already started. I just cant do it myself considering I dont know anything about scripting. BAH! Well, im still workin on it. Later FOD.

Guest fod_vile

Good luck with it, looking forward to seeing the result
Go get em duke

I must agree with Mewse and Fob.
Put yourselves in the average doomer's position.

1. They may already be working on a project.
2. There are so many projects out there to choose from.
3. Not many people know who you are, or what you're capable of.
4. Joining a project you know nothing about is like randomly picking a job out of the want ads with your eyes closed. You might find yourself committed to something you don't like.
5. If you want someone's help, you need to capture their interest.

I personally am working on a few projects, and I don't want to say much about them beause hype kills them, so let me show you maybe a better example of what might get someone interested
-----

I'm working on a TC right now, called "Into The Black". The name's based on the phrase "Out of the blue and into the black", and is appropriate to the atmosphere. There will be light scripting involved, but mostly just use of features such as ambience and friendly creatures. There will be new monsters, and a couple of new weapons. The changes will not be radically different, but I'm hoping to create a more fearful atmosphere than doom usually has to offer.

I'm also doing an EDGE TC called "Hair trigger" which will be similar in gameplay to Covert Ops, but with more of a science-fiction twist to it. Level and graphic designers would be welcomed.

Duke Nukem said:

Actually Fod, through my posts I have already have 5 people not including myself helping on the TC. I still need more. And to tell you the truth i have already started. I just cant do it myself considering I dont know anything about scripting. BAH! Well, im still workin on it. Later FOD.

I'll post an example wad later today, hopefully that will let you focus on other thing than the scripting part.
In the meantime check out tarin's acsstuff.wad at his page, it's a great example of what zdoom's scripting capabilities can do and about all the fx in it I know how to code :o)

Guest fod_vile
Hyena said:

I'm working on a TC right now, called "Into The Black". The name's based on the phrase "Out of the blue and into the black", and is appropriate to the atmosphere. There will be light scripting involved, but mostly just use of features such as ambience and friendly creatures. There will be new monsters, and a couple of new weapons. The changes will not be radically different, but I'm hoping to create a more fearful atmosphere than doom usually has to offer.

I'm also doing an EDGE TC called "Hair trigger" which will be similar in gameplay to Covert Ops, but with more of a science-fiction twist to it. Level and graphic designers would be welcomed.

It sounds like commentary on a snooker game :) off the blue and into the black :))

Hyena said:

You a fan of Neil Young?

Guest Psycho

What port are you doing this in? EDGE or ZDOOM? If it is in EDGE I _might_ be able to help...