Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firebrandt

3DFX JDoom trouble see here!

Guest Firebrandt

Okay, many people including me have experienced difficulties running JDoom in a resolution higher than 640x480 on a 3DFX card.
I emailed Jaakko, and apparently it is already working in the newest release BUT only if activated from the commandline.
eg. "JDoom -width 800 -height 600". (the same for JHexen and JHeretic respectively)
If this doesn't work you'll probably have to download the newest version.
It kinda makes you say D'OH! ;p

Guest Kracov

Hey, where can i find Jdoom? and what does it have or do specifically? thanks.

Guest Kracov

hey. i have a p3 450 mhz, 96 megs ram, voodoo3 3000 card, but how come jdoom is sooo damn slow? why?

Guest Firebrandt

Sounds like a driver problem. What drivers are you using? As far as I know the Quake3Arena Glsetup drivers work best with JDoom. www.glsetup.com

Guest Kracov

nope. i have a lot of games. carmageddon2, quake, quake2, need for speed3, final fantasy 8, diablo, and so on... and none went as slow as jdoom. anyways, i already have the latest version of opengl. perhaps a opengl game does not work good with voodoo3?

Guest Firebrandt

Hmm, I have a Banshee card and it runs at an acceptable speed. I don't know if you have Quake3 but if you can run Q3A with good performance, you should be able to run JDoom with good performance. You could also try to reduce the amount of flares or turn off some of the more advanced graphic features, lower the resolution, etc.