Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Toke

Doomroom

Guest fod_vile

yeh I found other ways to be an arsehole :))

Linguica said:

Any posts which were deleted weren't done so by me. I am assuming that it was Mordeth since he's the only other one with moderator access.

Yup, that was me. I've been cleaning up a bit (insofar that is actually possible, heh) and deleted things such as warez links and personal flames. Replies to those deleted messages were also removed (since they wouldn't make much sense afterwards)... guess some people do not seem to realise that.

Toke said:

Dead on Stphrz, but you forgot to add that this is the only chatroom that you have to act like that. Doomroom is probably the first chatroom that new doom people come to. Could'nt the moderators be a little more friendly??? They boot and bann new people then complain the doom community is to small. If you all hate new people so much then go somewhere private instead of just banning everyone. Its the only chatroom I have ever been to where people dont respond when a newcomer says hi.

I don't complain about the Doom community being small... I want to keep it small.

Guest fraggle`
Toke said:

You mean thats where doomserv's csdoom support comes in?

ROFL

Toke said:

Dead on Stphrz, but you forgot to add that this is the only chatroom that you have to act like that. Doomroom is probably the first chatroom that new doom people come to. Could'nt the moderators be a little more friendly??? They boot and bann new people then complain the doom community is to small. If you all hate new people so much then go somewhere private instead of just banning everyone. Its the only chatroom I have ever been to where people dont respond when a newcomer says hi.

Toke: I suggest you go to the Eris Free Network's homepage and read some of the introductory guides to IRC. They pretty much spell out established protocol and if you think that #doomroom is the only room where you have to act the way people do.. well, I don't know where you're coming from. (NB: www.efnet.org is down right now, at least from where I'm standing)

Mordeth said:

Yup, that was me. I've been cleaning up a bit (insofar that is actually possible, heh) and deleted things such as warez links and personal flames. Replies to those deleted messages were also removed (since they wouldn't make much sense afterwards)... guess some people do not seem to realise that.

Don't delete anything unless it's disgusting (like what King REoL posted, for example). Let people judge. If something is out of place it will usually be mainly the poster's problem/responsability. We are going to have to trust what other people post, or else people will start ignoring doomworld. Fod and AndrewB did not flame (some people may disagree with them, but they were resonable enough when stating their opinions, I think).

fod_vile said:

yeh I found other ways to be an arsehole :))

LOL!

Afterglow said:

I don't complain about the Doom community being small... I want to keep it small.

Too bad, dude, if you keep on making great maps you'll certainly screw up your plans.

fraggle` said:

ROFL

Hmph.. c'mon, get up, stop laughing and release a finished version of SMMU. How much time would it take you to set up a key-binding menu and to make it possible to set stretch skies off (so as to not have to set it every time you play)? 5 minutes, 8...? Or are you too busy feeding your cats? If you really look like that <-- they'll end up eating you!

Toke said:

Why dont you do something about the way people are treated in doomroom Linguica?

Because Linguica does not own #doomroom.

AndrewB said:

Good for you! Just don't go! It's not the central of the DOOM community! There is much more to the DOOM community than just #doomroom. Me? I've done a great job of staying away. 8 months and counting! It can be an addicting place, really. It's like witchcraft. Honestly, it pulls you back for more. Break away while you can. Just like the quote said. "#doomroom is becoming a bad place to raise our children" ...

It's true, and it doesn't need to be that way. Everyone's fun is spoiled by a few individuals. It's kind of like how 50% of the world's health is in the hands of 6 people. Coincidentally, 50% of the world's population suffers from malnutrition! What am I saying? Don't become dependent on #doomroom! Don't let yourself become addicted! We're all in this together!

You dont have a choice of staying away we kick-banned you.

And just what horrible offence did AndrewB commit to deserve that hmmmmmm??

So in other words aurikan is an ass and andrewb was banned for nothing.

aurikan said:

None of your business. We aren't responsible to you.

Oh wow. The great one has spoken to ME!!!! Lil ol' me. Amazing. I'm honored.

Whatever....

Am I banned yet?

&gt;Oh wow. The great one has spoken to ME!!!! Lil ol' me. &gt;Amazing. I'm honored.
&gt;Whatever....
&gt;Am I banned yet?

Your point being?

Toke said:

No, in other words, its none of your business and we are not responsible to you.

aurikan said:

&gt;Oh wow. The great one has spoken to ME!!!! Lil ol' me. &gt;Amazing. I'm honored.
&gt;Whatever....
&gt;Am I banned yet?

Your point being?

You might try letting Teppic answer replies to his own posts. I wasn't even speaking to you. Go annoy somebody else please.

Another pointless post. It doesn't matter who answered your question, given that the answer supplied is the correct one.

Toke said:

Yes, yes already!! Read between the lines! Can't you take a hint? I was banned for nothing! I can tell you that much. But that's completely besides the point.. You see, even if I really wanted to enter #doomroom again, I could. Simply because I have access to 3 completely different IP addresses. One of them has been banned, another one you might be able to ban if you could find out which IP address it was, and a third one you've never seen and your life. If I used the third one, you would never know it was me, because I wouldn't use the nickname "AndrewB".

But all of that is completely irrelevant! Because now I know that #doomroom is just a pointless chatroom, and I'm never going to enter it again, even if I could. So there. I was banned for nothing. It doesn't matter because I have no reason to enter #doomroom again, even though I can. Yeah. :-b

You were not banned for nothing. End of story.

You're not going to enter #doomroom again? Fine. Doesn't matter to us whether you do or not. After all, it's only about 15 keystrokes to a remedy.

aurikan said:

Another pointless post. It doesn't matter who answered your question, given that the answer supplied is the correct one.

Are you #doomroom boys sharing the inspiring post "your point being?" I keep seeing it all over the forums or are you all sharing the same brain this week?
please point out to "sheesh now I am confused as to whom it was but one of your bedfellows used "#doomroom geeks" in quotes, he has no need to do this nowadays as when someone reads "#doomroom" the word "geeks" automatically pops into their head :)

aurikan said:

You were not banned for nothing. End of story.

You're not going to enter #doomroom again? Fine. Doesn't matter to us whether you do or not. After all, it's only about 15 keystrokes to a remedy.

So first of all, it's none of my business why I was banned, and you're not responsible to us, and now all of the sudden you come out and say I wasn't banned for nothing?

It doesn't matter to me if I'm banned or not. It's the principle of the thing. If you're going to go around and ban people just for kicks, then what does that say about you? If you're so certain that I wasn't banned for nothing, then why not just tell me why I was banned? I have no idea why I was banned! It was 8 months ago! I can't remember saying anything rude. I most certainally never flamed anyone. I was as innocent a chatter as anyone. Then one day I tried to join, only to get some "K-Lined" message. I had no idea what that meant. I thought, "oh well" ...

Your story isn't all that convincing. :-b

Toke said:

If you "dont do doom" then why do you come here? Im not trying to start a fight im just curious.

Toke (hi btw not seen you in a while) the "reason" he comes here is obvious from his web page
"quote from aurikan"
"Oh yeah and for the record now: I hate the doom community and it makes me happy to tear it apart"
now any members of the doom community that ever bother to listen to this self effacing geek should realise his only intention is "to tear the doom community apart"

Guest jassteX

Toke, I agree. Seriously I think you should drop it. I know some of them are jerks. Just avoid the chat. We can frag it up on DS where there is never a power struggle, just some good times. Be the better man and drop it. Aurikan's "i dont do doom" makes a little sense to me. I sometimes hang out in an anime channel, but I rarely ever watch anime. I know the guys in there. I don't understand why he wants to be a dick and interfere if hes only a occasional doomer? Anyways peace out please.