Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dylangivens

Help with DDF!!!

Guest dylangivens

I need to know how to make a ghost in EDGE that will fly around in basically noclip (can go through things). Does anyone one know how to do that? Also does someone know how to make a weapon that you can set down and then activate (like a pipe bomb or proxy mine)?

dylangivens

Guest nitsud

(1) Flying ghost
Make it fast (as in short duration moving frames, not a higher speed variable) and set all the anti-blocking features you can, such as NOBLOCKMAP. Note that you have a choice whether it can block anything. If it can, it will be able to walk through solid objects and its own kind. Blockable objects will get stuck as the ghosts drift through them. If they don't block, nothing will get stuck, but you will only be able to hit them with melee attacks, bullets, splash damage, line-of-sight attacks, and teleportation deaths. No projectile weapons.

(2) Remote detonation
Not sure about this one...

(3) Proximity mine
This is a difficult one, also. You could try using an object's melee attack, but the object first has to acquire a target. Using the TOUCHY flag may be a safe bet. That way, you don't need to create an attack, you can have an initial delay where the mine won't trigger, and anything can set it off. Give it a very wide radius (about an Arachnotron's radius) and a short height. Make its TOUCHY state include a few nice explosions, a makedead pointer, an explosiondamage pointer (whatever it is), and a playdeathsound pointer. The deathsound should be set to an explosion-y sound of some sort (BAREXP anyone?). Note that this will create a rediculous effect if the user has true-3d gameplay turned off for some reason.

Guest c-d-w

I've done a proximity mine using both techniques and they work okay. The first way you mentioned requires a lot of coding, so the second way is probably easier (the way I ended up), and the only problems I'm having is that the proximity mine will ignore the player, or who launched it (using either method).

Guest nitsud

The touchy state ignores the instigator?

Guest c-d-w

apparently...
The way I did it, it's just basically a grenade that doesn't do
anything until something (other than me) steps on it...

Might have something to do with the *_SPECIALS I used...
but it won't explode when I go near it, only everything else.
I'm no ddf whiz, so here's a 99% chance I'm doing something wrong.
Not blowing me up is sometimes handy though!