Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IdMarine

#Doomroom Unfriendly? This is Not True.

Guest IdMarine

I know that as of late people have had a bit of trouble getting along with some moderators and users in the Doomroom, but I just went in there as "Adriannus" and all you have to do is type/talk to start a conversation. It was crazy man...people actually conversed in that room instead of silence. Except for some prick that said I was an *ss, but I could give less of a sh*t about that lamer. Heh...I guess that's what you call those types. So anyway, here you go, #Doomroom is perfectly good so spread the word and enjoy it!

Guest destROYer

yeah I agree with you its real friendly and a good info source.

Just don't act like a retard and we'll be friendly. Especially Katarhyne, who's often *overly* friendly.

Good idea "spread the word and enjoy it". Reasonable peer pressure can always oblige the narrow-minded to vent their prejudice someplace else. Heh, IdMarine, I saw you there (as Helnyte myself).

#doomroom friendly? I don't know what you base this on. So maybe you started a conversation and there, and you were fortunate enough to not be kicked and banned. Well, the last time I was in there, which was about eight or nine months ago, it was just absolutely nasty. I could only join in in the evening, when a certain trigger-happy operator in the GMT time zone was gone. I was especially picked on.. I don't know why I was. I guess I was a random black sheep, picked out of the blue.

Sorry, I'm not convinced. Until I have good reason to believe that I won't be made a black sheep AGAIN, or be a ping-pong ball, bouncing in and out, I'm not going anywhere near #doomroom. That place is just pitiful, from what I've seen. From my experiences in there, and from the quotes.. There are other, much better places to be involved in the DOOM community, such as Doomworld, and the Doomworld Forums.

Guest fod_vile
prower said:

Just don't act like a retard and we'll be friendly. Especially Katarhyne, who's often *overly* friendly.

hehe the sad thing is you find that stimulating "Katarhyne" is probably a 6' Russian deckhand (if she/he is or isnt is neither here nor there) the fact that you sit there leering proves everything that's been said about #doomroom geeks
you poor sad fool

Guest IdMarine
Myk said:

Good idea "spread the word and enjoy it". Reasonable peer pressure can always oblige the narrow-minded to vent their prejudice someplace else. Heh, IdMarine, I saw you there (as Helnyte myself).

Myk, was that cynicism? I'm a bit jaded...if you read that, do let me know, okay?

So i guess your one visit proves more than all the people that have been booted for little or no reason?

prower said:

Dont act like a retard??? You doomroom guyz arent exaclty the "coolest" people out there, I remeber alot of posative kidrock and super mario brothers talk in there (amongst other lame stuff) And I think calling anyone who is not a doomroom moderator a lamer is something a retard or a doomroom moderator ect. might do.

AndrewB said:

#doomroom friendly? I don't know what you base this on. So maybe you started a conversation and there, and you were fortunate enough to not be kicked and banned. Well, the last time I was in there, which was about eight or nine months ago, it was just absolutely nasty. I could only join in in the evening, when a certain trigger-happy operator in the GMT time zone was gone. I was especially picked on.. I don't know why I was. I guess I was a random black sheep, picked out of the blue.

Sorry, I'm not convinced. Until I have good reason to believe that I won't be made a black sheep AGAIN, or be a ping-pong ball, bouncing in and out, I'm not going anywhere near #doomroom. That place is just pitiful, from what I've seen. From my experiences in there, and from the quotes.. There are other, much better places to be involved in the DOOM community, such as Doomworld, and the Doomworld Forums.

As I remember you were booted for a very good reason

IdMarine said:

Myk, was that cynicism? I'm a bit jaded...if you read that, do let me know, okay?

No cynicism. It's what I think.

fod_vile said:

hehe the sad thing is you find that stimulating "Katarhyne" is probably a 6' Russian deckhand (if she/he is or isnt is neither here nor there) the fact that you sit there leering proves everything that's been said about #doomroom geeks
you poor sad fool

Hey guys don't flame prower. He at least has sense of of humor. He just doesn't want to take the blame that others should recieve more justly (the prob is also that these posts get old and confusions don't get cleared up, which makes prejudice grow, sadly).

fod_vile said:

hehe the sad thing is you find that stimulating "Katarhyne" is probably a 6' Russian deckhand

And there's something wrong with that? ;P

Toke said:

Dont act like a retard??? You doomroom guyz arent exaclty the "coolest" people out there, I remeber alot of posative kidrock and super mario brothers talk in there (amongst other lame stuff) And I think calling anyone who is not a doomroom moderator a lamer is something a retard or a doomroom moderator ect. might do.

what a load of toss

tom said:

what a load of toss

You really need to stop making up phrases

Guest bonch

I really don't get why everyone is saying #doomroom is unfriendly. I've been a regular of #doomroom (and before it #doom2) and it's always been a cool place. I guess I'm just getting on at the right times, but I've never had problems with ops, lamers, kicks, etc.

Teppic said:

As I remember you were booted for a very good reason

Pphhhh!! Oh, really? What reason was that? I'd like to know.. Was it because we have expressvu.ca as our ISP? Was it because I was publicly celebrating winning the autographed Doom II box for a few minutes? Sure, I may have been a little annoying when I first started going, but how does that compare to the other stuff that goes on in that room?

As I remember it was not shutting up about the box thing after numerous warnings.

Toke said:

You really need to stop making up phrases

Thats a very common english phrase actually.

Teppic said:

As I remember it was not shutting up about the box thing after numerous warnings.

Teppic, do realize that you're not required to defend you actions or give a reason to these people. We can't have the power of moderation yoked to a popularity contest.