Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

`o´ of destruction, Cirkle Of Death

Have any of you noticed, when entering Map 11 in DooM2
It types: Entering Cirkle of death, which was its original name. But in the level, in the mpa, it displays `o´ of destruction, which is the name changed in a patch. They only changed the name in the Exe File, and forgot the GFX in the WAD file. Thats SOME error.

It's not an error. The official name of the level is "Circle of Death" if I recall correctly. However, "'O' of Destruction!" was put on the map view as an inside joke to the Ultima people. I'm not quite sure what it refers to, but I do know there is an inside joke there somewhere.

Linguciana. i think i know what it is. In all the versions i know it types "Entering Cirkle of death" and in the map "`o´of destruction". I have DooM II version 1.666, 1.7a 1.9.

Now there are 2 more cd-rom versions 1.7 and 1.8. I must originally have had one of these two, but i lost it, i think theres "cirkle of death" both places. Now i have the disk version 1.666 which i have upgraded to 1.9

Linguica said:

It's not an error. The official name of the level is "Circle of Death" if I recall correctly. However, "'O' of Destruction!" was put on the map view as an inside joke to the Ultima people. I'm not quite sure what it refers to, but I do know there is an inside joke there somewhere.

I have noticed that for quite a few years, but never had any idea why the two names were somewhat different. Thanks for the info! :-b

Linguica said:

refers to "hoe of destruction"