Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Killah

Online Internet Deathmatch

Guest Killah

Internet DeathMatching, what is the best, free service/port around? I've been treking through the net in search for this and found CsDoom. I would like some input, thanks.

Killah~....

That is just an opinion, there are still alot of people that think doomserv (or zdoom net play)is better than csdoom, It just depends on what you like and you connection. Zdoom is always fair and there is not a firing delay at all. But csdoom runs alot better with multiple players. And if you have a fast connection and love to enter a big game wipe everyone out with bfg then csdoom is the place. Try doomserv, no matter what anyone tells you its completely safe and its the nicest part of the doom community.

Guest Daggah

Wow, I didn't realize that Toke could talk without profanity.

Actually both Toke and fodders are pretty decent to people who aren't insulting them or poking them with sharp sticks and such :)

From a technical level, csdoom has the better ping-shuffling routines and results in a lower lag game, bear in mind you are playing with between 1-8 people on csdoom.

Teppic said:

But csdoom runs alot better with multiple players

I was bearing that in mind, but still you have a firing delay that varies between people. And if your on a modem and you are playing with alot of people on a crappy server then csdoom becomes unstable and your ping sometimes jumps to 10000+. I think that a 10 second freeze up that you cant always recover from and sometimes have to reconnect and loose your frags is a pretty bad bug. Alot of people hate that firing delay that csdoom has zdoom never has. It really depends on what you like, one is not better than the other.

So you are saying it's easier to play with lag on ZDoom. Since there is no firing delay, all you have to do is lead your target, not time your shot as well?

Does anyone have a list of server IP's for zdoom, I will not set-up a server because I don't have anyone to play with. Right now I don't know of any servers for zdoom (doomserv) to play on. CsDoom absolutely will NOT work on my system so I have turned to zdoom as an alternative.