Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

Perhaps Doom *does* need this

Did anyone notice that during the csdoom/#doomroom (spit):) debate the # of posts went up?
Perhaps it would need Linguica or Mordeth to check but I suggest that during the "i hate csdoom/#doomroom (spit)" debacle , and the "doomserve" one the hit count went up and the # of posts did too
Even Cyb put in an appearance :)
I used to run a doom BBS in UK and whenever there was a heated debate the number of visits and the time spent online by users went through roof
The Doom community, I think, needs the odd "war of words" to clear the arteries, people feel they need to express their opinion, and all opinions are good, or some even just need to log in to check who is getting a rise out of who :)
(shit i kept goin back to change i to I as some dont like that but i think "what the hey, if Tom_ (spit) can pepper his page with it i can let it go here"
What i am saying is, perhaps Doom needs the odd "contentious issue"
Anyone agree?
Aurikan you are not invited to participate due to your stated intention to tear the Doom community apart, i love Doom
i don't think people really leave Doom because of an argument, I think they may say they have but log on to check whats goin on or even change names to make it seem so, if someone "really disagreed with what was being said in a post topic, surely they just dont open that thread next time?
any opinions (aurikan excluded) :)

Guest csdoom

Good idea, perhaps when thread gets certain size linguica or mordeth could delete it?
To start Aurikan? should he be allowed to post here after his stated intentions?
please email me

Naturally. If there's a problem people need to deal with it. I don't look back at this "flamewar" and say "how bad!" It would have been worse if we would have remained silent about what happened. The real problem was the struggle behind it, that made it happen. I do think that Mordeth's "housekeeping" measure was productive and on target, cause it helped cool things off when they were getting repetitive (we doomers were forgetting our main subject of interest!). A good alternative to the more arbitrary deletion of particular cases.

Guest Bobbert005

Arguments can help people "clear their arteries" and bring up the hit count on the site, but these arguments can get out of hand very quickly. Anybody ever take the time to read through all 300+ posts during the doomserv arguments? I know I did, and it was quite possibly the _biggest_ waste of time I have ever partook(sp?) in. Though it was quite entertaining at times :)

csdoom said:

Good idea, perhaps when thread gets certain size linguica or mordeth could delete it?
To start Aurikan? should he be allowed to post here after his stated intentions?
please email me

<shrug> Nah. He excluded himself. He's probably busy now with more interesting things that bringing down the DOOM community. A hell of a toilsome job that would be!

And if he were to say something bothersome, just imagine what a reader would say to himself (or even reply if enough spare time were at hand):

"Heh, isn't that the guy that hate's DOOM? What's he doing here?"

Guest funkymonk

I have been though a lot dealing with the Doom Community (in fact, I only know two people who have been around longer than I), and I have come to learn that ranting and raving about one's personal opinions does nothing, I have been the center of a few myself. It fails to accomplishes a single thing about the issues at hand.

Just my personal rant on the subject.

csdoom said:

please email me

I think aurikan has as much right to post as anyone, regardless of his opinions.

fodders said:

(shit i kept goin back to change i to I as some dont like that but i think "what the hey, if Tom_ (spit) can pepper his page with it i can let it go here"

i dont believe in capital letters.

Guest Nuno Correia

F.A.P.

(A very rude portuguese insult, just in case you wanted to know :)

Nuno Correia said:

F.A.P.(A very rude portuguese insult, just in case you wanted to know :)

It's ok your momma already told me that one :)

tom said:

i dont believe in capital letters.

Have you ever said anything relevant? All you ever do is make stupid coments like that?

Teppic said:

I think aurikan has as much right to post as anyone, regardless of his opinions.

I think you should "do doom" of you want to post here. Not just sit around waiting for a chance to ruin a game.

Guest Nuno Correia
fodders said:

It's ok your momma already told me that one :)

You better not mess with anyone's momma, ya hear?!

Nuno Correia said:

You better not mess with anyone's momma, ya hear?!

Hey at my age everyone i mess with is someones momma