Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke Nukem

Julian,RORDOOM suggestion

Guest Duke Nukem

Hey Julian, instead of using Boom for RORDoom why dont you use Zdoom? Im sure it wouldnt be that hard although i dont know crap about codes. Just think about it, cuz alot of people use Zdoom more than Boom today.

I'm not sure about this, but I think I once said that he uses BooM because many other ports are based on it, and so it should be easier to implement rorDooM in other ports.

Because ZDoom is sssslllloooowwww. Doing it for Boom makes it easy to copy the rorDoom features into anything else based off Boom, including ZDoom, although I would much rather see this feature in MBF first.

NO GOD PLEASE NO The whole thing about rordoom is that its done by someone who believes in fast, clean open source code, like aurikan and the #doomroom 'clique', and zdoom goes totally against that ideal.

Also boom == C, zdoom == C++

boris said:

I'm not sure about this, but I think I once said that he uses BooM because many other ports are based on it, and so it should be easier to implement rorDooM in other ports.

That's exactly why I work on the Boom source... I've taken a look at SMMU and MBF, and I think it will be easy to add ror support in them.
I've also talked with Randy and he seemed interested in ror support for ZDoom, tho I think EDGE node support was in project (but I dunno really).

Don't see rorDoom as a real port, it's rather an experimental piece of software usable for other coders.

That explains the use of Boom I think.