• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

RTC´s version of the doomgod.

RTC´s version of the doomgod.

The laws of the RTC about a DOOMGOD:

1:He/she must have completed. Doom1, Doom2 with no cheat, on UV.
2:He/she must still work with doom.
3:He/she must have been playing doom since the beginning.

Thats all.

Guest Bobbert005
Shaviro said:

3:He/she must have been playing doom since the beginn

So you're saying that you have to have been playing Doom since '93 to be a doomgod?!? That's screwed man! I was six years old when it came out! So according to that, there is no possible way I could be a doomgod, my parents wouldn't have let me play Doom when I was six!!!

Teppic said:

I think those rules are pretty stupid.

Not really, thats just single player, you can be a multiplayer doomgod 2.

Shaviro said:

Not really, thats just single player, you can be a multiplayer doomgod 2.

I dont agree that by simply playing doom you qualify as a doom god at all. And I dont think playing csdoom or a new port makes you a doom god either, only if you can really whup ass at modem or LAN doom, THATS the key.

All three of these qualifications are messed up IMO. #1 is too easy, #2 doesen't work because a number of very good players leave and come back periodically, and #3 isn't reasonable and excludes too many people. There is nothing magical about having started dooming on Doom's birthday; in fact, I would venture to say that ones potential in Doom would be relative to how long you have played and whom you played, not when you started. Those who started early and quit early are at a disadvantage to those who started slightly later and stuck with it for years longer.

--BahdKo

Guest Psycho
Bobbert005 said:

So you're saying that you have to have been playing Doom since '93 to be a doomgod?!? That's screwed man! I was six years old when it came out! So according to that, there is no possible way I could be a doomgod, my parents wouldn't have let me play Doom when I was six!!!

Yeah, and so was I (not sarcastic). I started playing it on a regular basis in the summer of '94.

BahdKo said:

All three of these qualifications are messed up IMO. #1 is too easy, #2 doesen't work because a number of very good players leave and come back periodically, and #3 isn't reasonable and excludes too many people. There is nothing magical about having started dooming on Doom's birthday; in fact, I would venture to say that ones potential in Doom would be relative to how long you have played and whom you played, not when you started. Those who started early and quit early are at a disadvantage to those who started slightly later and stuck with it for years longer.

--BahdKo

The beggining doesnt mean fomr 1993, but frim the beginning he/she layed eyes on it.