Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pattoni

How can I upload my WAD in cdrom.com?

It's a simple question and there might be a simple answer...

I've tried to contact our webmasters but they don't seem to give a clue...

Anyone who's done it, please give a reply.
Thanks for all.

you mean: ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/idstuff/incomming/

ok, i've tried.. but i got no permission...

I've never uploaded anything to cdrom.com before, but I think this is how you do it.. First, you need an FTP program, such as CuteFTP. If you don't know what that is, go to http://download.com and search for it there. You would then log on anonymously to ftp.cdrom.com, go the incoming directory as mentioned below, and simply upload your file from the window at the left. It might be a little tricky at first, but I think you can figure it out. ;)

You need a special ftp program I think. My brother uploaded the two wads that I have on Walnut Creek for me, so I don't know this for sure.

pattoni said:

you mean: ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/idstuff/incomming/

ok, i've tried.. but i got no permission...

After you've installed CuteFTP on your computer, open up your FTP Site Manager window in CuteFTP. Open up the Anonymous FTP Sites folder (or create one if necessary), click on the Add Site button, and type in ftp.cdrom.com. Click on the Connect button (make sure your internet connection is on). You will be taken to the ftp.cdrom.com site. In the right window, select Pub, then Doom2, then Incoming. In your left window, go to the directory where your files to be uploaded are stored. Simply drag the file from your directory to the Incoming directory of CDROM.com. Remember to always upload a text file with your zip file, or Ty Halderman (the site manager) will reject your zip file.

ok, you guys.. if you care to take a look at this level: it's right now in http://www.geocities.com/r_pattoni/hello.zip

it's a wad me and some friends made in the beginning of 97, so it's kinda old, but we've tested (thankfully) and played really well. 14 levels specially design for cooperative mode, but in dm it's also really fun
tell me if it sucks... he he he