Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown

Why is the Bull Demon so weak?????

When i play doom/2 i always think that the bull demons are weak.But in Doom 64 they are huge (big as a baron of hell) and look more powerful and more dangerous!But still they are too weak to ripp of a marines head (i wish they could do that)or kill a hell knight.So i hope that if id has all the Doom2/64 monsters back i hope that the Bull Demons get stronger.

Maybe you should write John Carmack and explain this problem to him.

I hope, ID will put more than only 1 of the original Enemies in the new DoM-Game.
Of course there should be a lot of new guys,but i want to see my old friends again !

There won't be any doom64 monsters in doom3, because doom64 WASN'T MADE BY ID, though since alot of it was from the doom bible it would be nice to see some of the aspects of it in the new game.

And no matter what anyone says, doom64 r0x0rz.

They're strong enough. If a couple of them trap you in a corner they can rip you apart.

Well there not supposed to be high ranking demons, they belong in the group of imps, zombies, spectres etc. But they may be the strongest out of em, but thats where I think em belongs. And another thing, since you can blow up imps and zombies, why not bull demons ? That would be cool.

I like Doom64's Demons a lot better than ordinary Doom's BullDog Demons. For one thing, they are way bigger (almost as tall as a Baron of Hell), they are more muscular and powerful-looking, and they have red eyes instead of yellow ones.
They should look like this in Doom3 as well.

As to why they are so weak, I really don't think they THAT weak. If you're luck it takes two shotgun blasts to kill just one, and about 14 or more bullets to take one down.

I have a better question. Why is the spider mastermind so weak? I can kill that guy starting from scratch (pistol) on E3M8.

I have a better question. Why is the spider mastermind so weak? I can kill that guy starting from scratch (pistol) on E3M8.

It's not him, it's the level.
Now what if there wasn't that little tower in the middle? Huh?

It's not him, it's the level.
Now what if there wasn't that little tower in the middle? Huh?

The level helps, but he's still underpowered. I mean, if you have a BFG and enough ammo for three shots you can rush up to him and kill him in about five seconds without any risk of serious damage. I think he needs a more powerful weapon.

Heh, I once made a deh patch that beefed up the bigger monsters, weakened the smaller ones, and changed the weapons fireing rates (also made the chaingun rotate! W00t. :). It's cool. I made the spider mastermind one hell of a bad ass as now he fires about 50 rounds per sec. Also, I changed the lost souls to be the most annoying sh*ts ever. They are insanely fast, and eat half your life before you pop em (which, by the way, only takes one shot.) :).

...now that I think of it, I should up the thing somewhere. It's fun to replay Doom with everything the same, but diffrent at the same time. =)

Oh, and I made the pistol zombies so weak that you can shoot them with the pistol, and they'll die excessivly. ^_^

Of course there should be a lot of new guys,but i want to see my old friends again !

That's why id SHOULD NOT do that. They are SCARY MONSTERS, not "Friends".

Of course, for the sake of tradition, some of the most famous must be there, but all the "powerful" and "really dangerous" ones should be completely new.

The level helps, but he's still underpowered. I mean, if you have a BFG and enough ammo for three shots you can rush up to him and kill him in about five seconds without any risk of serious damage. I think he needs a more powerful weapon.

On the other hand, the Spider Mastermind is the only Doom monster that you can't kill in the open field with rocket launcher, without invulnerability.

On the other hand, the Spider Mastermind is the only Doom monster that you can't kill in the open field with rocket launcher, without invulnerability.

Yes, but I don't recall ever being put in that kind of situation. There's always an easy way to kill the thing.

You know my ass does not look tough when it is a 25 by 25 low res sprite.. But put it into the DOOM64 engine and a higher res and you will be terrifed.

If I saw a large, unpixelated ass coming at me in a game, I would jump out the nearest window.

...wait, I played Po'ed... and it has butt creatures! AHHHH!!! *jumps out window*
*crash*
AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh.......

*stands* Good thing I live on the first floor... =)